• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K100 and K75 Large or Small Hands? Front Brake Lever: 2 sizes: Who knew?

Did you realize BMW has two different part numbers for K75 or K100 Brake levers depending on hand size?

My '85 K100RS has a lot of room for my gloves when I'm on the front brake with some fingers still on the throttle/bar.

My, new to me, '90 K75S needed bleeding and was still too close to the bar/gloves. New ST ST brake lines and still too close. New master cylinder cartridge replaced and more bleeding and still pretty close, not like my K100. Now I notice the levers are slightly different. Beemer Boneyard has none but says one is large the other is small. MAX just sold me a large one, can't wait 3272 145 1739, $55 New.

The small one is 3272 145 7058.

Hope this helps someone else move in the right direction for their hands.

Thanks for the info!

I have noticed slightly different levers, but never knew the reason for te difference. I'll have to go through my pile of spare levers and figure out the difference.

There is also a lever that has a set screw that contacts the master cylinder piston. I think that was used on ABS bikes.

:dance:dance:dance

Back