• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I need muffler suggestions for 2016 R1200RT

The Remus exhaust did though produce a noticeable increase in mid-range torque, so maybe I am quicker through the twisties. And the exhaust note is not abnoxious, unlike some American made stuff, with after market, or even stock, exhaust.

Was the increase in torque actually measured on a dyno, or placebo effect?

I remember a friend on mine that was going to do some hop up work on his Harley. He had a friend at the dealership that ran the dyno and got a couple passes for free with the stock engine. He swapped exhaust, cams, and air cleaner and rode the bike for a few days until he could have his buddy dyno tune it. He was all excited about how much faster it was. First couple passes on the dyno showed less HP and torque across the board than the baseline stock dyno runs. I guess noise ment HP. After the tune it did run better and they did end up with a sizable increase in HP and torque.

Obnoxious is dependent on the person listening to the "noise"!

Was the increase in torque actually measured on a dyno, or placebo effect?

I remember a friend on mine that was going to do some hop up work on his Harley. He had a friend at the dealership that ran the dyno and got a couple passes for free with the stock engine. He swapped exhaust, cams, and air cleaner and rode the bike for a few days until he could have his buddy dyno tune it. He was all excited about how much faster it was. First couple passes on the dyno showed less HP and torque across the board than the baseline stock dyno runs. I guess noise ment HP. After the tune it did run better and they did end up with a sizable increase in HP and torque.

Obnoxious is dependent on the person listening to the "noise"!

No placebos for me. I leave those , and the noise, for the Hardley Going owners.

The increase in performance on my RT after the Remus install was measured at MAS Cycle Tuning, on their dyno.

Did they have to retune? or were you able to run the stock tune?

First, PoorUB, please accept my appology for the unkind remarks I made previously. I was grumpy but that's no excuse. I'm sorry. If you didn't feel I was being rude, I'm still sorry.

After I swapped out the OEM exhaust for the Remus system I was worried the bike might run too lean so I added a Power Commander V. Initially I used Dynojet's map: R1200RT with full Remus exhaust and stock air filter. The bike ran really good but I felt there might be a little more left at the top end. It sort of flattened out early, so I made an appointment with MAS Cycle Tuning to have it dyno tuned. Mike Stronach, who runs MAS, really dialed things in with a custom tune on the PC V.

So ya, I spent a pile of dough for the exhaust but I like the leaner look, the sound, and a little increase in performance.

Cheers!

Gord, no problem, I was busting your chops a bit too. I honestly wanted to know if it needed to be tuned or not. So many riders just slap parts and and it is louder so it has to be faster!

Back