Thread: Austin to Fredericksburg

USERNAME

Austin to Fredericksburg

for all you folks with PMS, or simply tired of being indoors, here's some texas sunshine for you.

it was nice yesterday (83F), so i took a little ride out to Fredericksburg for some lunch. along the way i solved a crime, saw some relaxed longhorns, ate some food (duh) and caught a little of the drubbing we gave colorado. all in all it was a great day.

perfect December weather.

county roads were deserted as usual. this ride was during the big 12 football championship, so i guess everyone was watching the longhorns beat the crap out of colorado.

i crossed a lot of cattle guards.

close up.

they're quite deep.

speaking of longhorns...

next... the crime scene.

USERNAME

note the tire tracks going off the road. hmmmm.... this is like "CSI: texas."

debris on the side of the road. i was almost afraid to look!

i found a jawbone, apparently from a person with a huge under bite!

then i found the skull! this person also had a huge nose!

i cut away to commercial and urged the viewers to purchase items they didnt need for the houses they can't afford. while that was happening, i used supercomputers to reconstruct what the person must have looked like before they were brutally run over. this is what i got:

i think he was hit during winter, because he was wearing a fur coat.

all this investigating was making me hungry...

USERNAME
    off to fredericksburg.

i had lunch at the brew pub.

C02 bubbling out of the fermentation tank.

no beer for me.

harley riders. they looked suitably badass. i couldn't believe that guy was wearing his helmet in the restaurant.

i had chicken fried steak. it was ok, but i've had better. they skimped on the gravy.

then i had a peach cobbler with blue bell ice cream. it was f-ing incredible.

then i headed back to austin. thanks for reading.

Neat ride and neat pics. You're making us northerners jealous! I especially like the Baylor Law School T-shirt. Thanks.

Hold on to your football. I doubt USC will be as easy as Colorado. Even my Cornhuskers handed Colorado a beating! The Rose Bowl should be quite a game.
    Dan

MUST HAVE PEACH COBBLER. YUM....YUMM. (I just love it when you put dirty pictures up here.)
    Loved the crime scene investigation. Gold star for you.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

I'm no northerner, but I'm still jealous. It takes me five hours to get to Fredericksburg. Where were those cattle guards ? Willow City Loop ?

Thanks for the photos.

Nice report

It looks like you have the same weather display I have, only mine is showing 0 degrees F right now. I'm jealous!

R4RandR
    harley riders. they looked suitably badass. i couldn't believe that guy was wearing his helmet in the restaurant.
    LOL - Good one! Looked like a nice ride. Calling for snow today - didn't ride the bike to work.

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by RTRandy
    I'm no northerner, but I'm still jealous. It takes me five hours to get to Fredericksburg. Where were those cattle guards ? Willow City Loop ?

Thanks for the photos.
    the cattle guards were not on willow city loop. (i've still never ridden that.) they were on county roads between austin and 281.

as soon as you leave a ranch road in texas and get on a county road, you're almost assured that you will need to ride over cattle guards. the fun ones are on curves.

Uther, another enjoyable ride and gastronomic post.