• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Big Bend National Park

rangerreece

RangerReece
Sunday morning tradition at the Mullins house, everyone's taking their turn in the shower getting ready for church, I'm squeezing what I can of Sunday Morning America on CBS and they did a piece on Big Bend Texas, and of Course I thought of our Texas contingent and especially Paul and Vonie as I understand they live there in glorious retirement. Very beautiful place. It would be get there one day and see it in person. Maybe one day. My turn to hop in the shower. Hope everyone's Sunday is pleasant.

I watched that segment live this morning and it was quite interesting. Cathy and I have Big Bend on the list of places we want to visit with the sidecar rig, and crossing the border to Boquillas sounds like a great side trip. Last time I was in the area was back in the 1990s, and it was a quick visit just to collect a bonus on the IBR-- a pic of me feeding a longneck to a goat that was purported to be the mayor of Lajitas, just outside the park. Others had been there before me that morning, and the goat was pretty tipsy but still indulging. I look forward to showing Cathy around Lajitas and taking her on the River Road, but will skip the longneck this time--the mayor will have to fend for himself.
😃
Retirement cannot come soon enough!

Best,
DG

This just posted on FB. Lajitas' new mayor, great grandson of the original, has different tastes.

Photo by Debbie Garrison.

12963481_10207272076853062_6194048600624386349_n.jpg

Big Bend

Four of us will be there late May. We are looking forward to spending time there. We have our passports ready for crossing the boarder.

This just posted on FB. Lajitas' new mayor, great grandson of the original, has different tastes.

Photo by Debbie Garrison.

View attachment 55574

Kewl! Most people would look at that pic and think that sipping it's drink through a straw would be a sign of an acculturated politician, when in reality the true sign is the lack of an umbrella in the drink. I'll buy the first round when Cathy and I get there!
:bottle

Best,
DG

Spring Break at Big Bend........AHHHHH YES

For many years while teaching construction in Oklahoma, Spring Break was a pilgrimage to Big Bend.....Load up the VW van, put the Folboat that I built on top, load up the fold-up one in the back and enough gear for 6 or 7 days down on the river..........Staying dry in the beat up aluminum boat ferry at Boquillas while the the boatman waded across was high on the list for the first timers.........Hiking the Commanche Full Moon trail up on Mariscal and finding the petrographs and gliphs is a for sure treat.......oh can go on and on.............The best part of all.........A WHATABURGER at Marathon........Anyway, when the river is up, the canyons are a true thrill over the rockslides and through the twists.............GOOD STUFF.......God bless.....Dennis

Four of us will be there late May. We are looking forward to spending time there. We have our passports ready for crossing the boarder.

You just might be here when we're celebrating!

We'll be Celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary on the 14th of May at the Rockhouse near Lajitas. 1 pm till whenever.
The following weekend, on the 21st, we'll be renewing our vows in the middle of the Rio Grande
during the Voices From Both Sides celebration with Justice of the Peace Jim Burr presiding.

We're going to have such fun!

Voni
sMiling

Last edited:
Early congratulations to you and Paul. October 1st of this year will be my parents 50th anniversary. My parents have seen a lot of challenges in the last 50 years... From Vietnam, to raising us boys, and everything inbetween. To be happily married for 50 years is a testament to love that stands to encourage the rest of us. May your anniversary celebration be filled with peace and love.

We'll be Celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary on the 14th of May at the Rockhouse near Lajitas. 1 pm till whenever.
The following weekend, on the 21st, we'll be renewing our vows in the middle of the Rio Grande
during the Voices From Both Sides celebration with Justice of the Peace Jim Burr presiding.

Voni
sMiling
weekend

My wife just read this and now I am in trouble to come up with something as genuine and romantic. Good for you guys, doing it in style - your style. :dance

Congrats Paul and Voni What an accomplishment.:thumb

You are two of the nicest people I know with friends around the world.:wave

Voni
sMiling
weekend

Now that right there is just awesome! Congratulations on your 50th and savor every moment of the celebration!
:thumb
Best,
DG

Voni
sMiling

Congratulations! Celebrating a 50 year anniversary is a big deal, and celebrating in beautiful Big Bend country is a fitting place for such an occasion.

Back