• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300gt gas gauge not working

tsweda

I hope someone out there can offer some guidance for troubleshooting my problem before I start tearing the plastic off my 2010 K13GT.

I drained and removed the gas tank last fall in order to add wiring for a new fuse block and some farkles. The tank got moved around and left in various positions throughout the winter and spring due to the limited space I have to work in. After putting everything back together and patting myself on the back because the fuse block and farkles worked perfectly, I put a few gallons of gas in the tank and started her up only to discover the gas gauge reads full.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for the help,
Tom

Welcome to the forum Tom:wave

There are two connectors on the fuel pump plate...hopefully you have the smaller of the two not completely seated. Still have to remove tank to check.:banghead

If not, welcome to the club on failed fuel strips. Nothing short of replacing is the solution for that. BMW does offer a long term warranty after the replacement.

Here is some discussion:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?64037-Fuel-strip-poll

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...ailure-symptoms-question&highlight=fuel+strip

Start by checking connections, but since the K13GT uses a traditional float-style sending unit, chances are the float on your sending unit is hung up. Take the bike for a ride on some not-particularly-smooth streets and see if the float frees up.

Best,

DG

:doh
13GT def has a float instead of strip. Still could be the connector, but the float arm does come into play.

just looked at a picture of the K13 fuel pump assy.
Noticed a single connector on the 13's fuel pump plate as well, so the float looks more of a cause.

Back