• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Proud of my wife.

rangerreece

RangerReece
I just want to give a big shout out to my wife Rhonda for whom I am very proud. She overcame a lot last year to learn to ride and become a BMW MOA member. A lot of us take for granted the miles we rack up each year. Each mile Rhonda logged was a testament to her gumption to overcome barriers and fears. I'm very proud of her for being a BMW MOA mileage contest finisher.

image.jpg

image.jpg

In case you couldn't tell from the first screen capture, Rhonda is member 199680 with 513 miles. She's the last one listed in Alabama.

In my first hundred miles I didn't leave my yard. She's miles ahead of where I started!

Go, Rhonda!!

:dance:wow:brad

Voni
sMiling

I just want to give a big shout out to my wife Rhonda for whom I am very proud. She overcame a lot last year to learn to ride and become a BMW MOA member. A lot of us take for granted the miles we rack up each year. Each mile Rhonda logged was a testament to her gumption to overcome barriers and fears. I'm very proud of her for being a BMW MOA mileage contest finisher.

View attachment 55541

View attachment 55542

That's no small achievement. My wife tried to learn a couple years ago but simply could not get the hang of coordinating the shift change/clutch/throttle combo. She made it through the first day of the MSF course before withdrawing in tears. The instructors were incredibly patient but I don't think my wife will give it another go, which is unfortunate.

So, my hat is off to your wife! Way to go!

Good on ya both!

Ranger for your encouragement and support. Rhonda for starting a long riding career. :thumb:wave

Nicely done Rhonda, very nicely done. Bottle or can the courage and conviction it took, so i can buy some.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Nothing like having your wife as a riding partner

Congratulations Rhonda.
My wife, Kim, rides too. She too has overcome some challenges to become an excellent rider. Sometimes I believe she is a better rider than a lot of other folks out there including me. She tours on her '04 RT and rides gravel on her '10 G650GS. Last year she partnered with me on a ride from Washington state to Colorado, Utah and back. We weathered thunderstorms, wind, heat, and crazy drivers. She was an absolute trooper that often times kept my spirits up. This year we're planning on a multi-week gravel adventure in the wilds of Canada. One of my greatest joys is to ride anywhere with me following her on my bike. Oh what joy. Have fun and lots of adventures!
IMG_0424.jpg

To all the ladies out there on the bike: saaalute! To all the ladies who participated in the mileage contest: good on ya. Thanks for not just being a member but being active and participating. We have some great women in this club.

Back