• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morton's BMW Spring Fling Rally May 20-22, 2016

stevebmw

Itinerant Traveler
For five years now, we've been hosting the Morton's BMW Spring Fling Rally, which annually brings hundreds of our best friends to Natural Bridge, Virginia, for a weekend of fun, friendship, food, and great riding. Each year, we've tried to make improvements and adjustments to enhance your experience, and now it's time for Spring Fling VI!

Starting at noon on Friday, May 20, 2016, we'll welcome you to the historic Natural Bridge Hotel for a weekend of great riding, interesting destinations, and the fellowship of other BMW riders. The hotel has been undergoing renovations over the last couple of years, and the rooms in the hotel are a lot nicer than they used to be. The cottage rooms have not been renovated yet, but they have their own "village" feel and charm. Best of all, the hotel folks are motorcycle-friendly and thrilled to have us, and give us discounted room rates for the weekend. Not only that, but the hotel is easily accessible from either I-81 or the Blue Ridge Parkway!

While prices have gone up a bit since we started the Spring Fling, we worked with the hotel staff to keep our event pricing reasonable. Just $79 gets you the rally festivities, scavenger hunt (with its own prize for the winner), route sheets, a Friday Brats & Brews buffet dinner (including veggie burgers for the non-meat eaters and local microbrews), and the Saturday buffet dinner and presentation. This year's presenter will be Charles Lucht, a customer of ours who participated as a member of Team USA in the recent BMW GS Trophy competition in Thailand. He'll take us through the whole experience, from winning his qualifier round in South Carolina to taking on the world in SE Asia!

We also have t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies available for pre-order on the same registration page. We'll have very limited additional shirts at the rally, so think about ordering now to make sure you get what you want.

You must book your hotel room yourself at 800-533-1410 or 540-291-2121. You should make your room reservation by April 20, 2016; after that date, the remaining rooms will be available to anyone who calls, so make your reservation NOW!

For the campers among you, we've also made arrangements with the Natural Bridge KOA a few miles away to provide meadow group camping for $10 per person per night or, if you prefer, 10% off their standard tent or RV sites or Kamping Kabins, including Deluxe Kabins. You should make your reservations at the hotel or the KOA campground as soon as possible and, as always, be sure to mention the Morton's BMW Spring Fling Rally to get the discounted rates.

Through May 1, the rally fee is just $79. For those registering after May 1, the rally fee is $89.

Complete info and registration is available at http://www.mortonsbmw.com/springfling_2016.html

Folks, a great event that Morton's puts on (and they don't even pay me to say that..) Been to all 5 prior ones, registered and booked a room for the 6th one. It's a great area to ride in, and the hospitality of Morton's to their guests is first-class.

Highly recommended! See'ya there!

IMG_0075.JPG

Ever since I purchased my bike at Mortons I have wanted to get to this event. Great people there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the nice words about our rally. We really do try to make it fun and affordable for everybody. I look forward to seeing y'all there!

I was there 2 years ago and have friends that attend every year. It is one of the best rally's with some of the best riding to be found.

If you like to camp the KOA up the street is awesome.

Marty

Great Event

Been to all 6. It's a must event every year. Anyone who passed this year to the weather reports: It only rained at night, while we were having libations in the grand hotel!

Daytime rides were great!

I live 5 minutes from this event.. If y'all offered dpasses for next years event, that would be nice.

Jefferson Pools

Cant' wait to soak in the Jefferson Pools. It's become a pilgrimage now.

Have heard many good things about this rally so finally will get there this year. Looking forward to it!

I love riding in that part of VA.

I'm not sure how the dates line up....may be good to check. This is a 2016 thread. :dunno
OM

Back