• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Yet another member from PA

craigjv4

Long time rider, new BMW owner.

Bought my 2015 R1200GSA from Hermy's early last summer. Seems like a great dealership; good people.

Sold my 2008 ZX14 SE once I bought the GS. Had a ZX11D prior to the 14.

The GS is simply the best bike I've ever owned; love it!

Welcome to the forum! Heard a lot of good things about Hermy's. You should be set for support!!

Let me know if you want to get together some time--I'm in Carlisle and get in a 300-400 mile ride nearly every weekend. I like to say I know every good motorcycle road east of Ligonier and west of 476. I try to do a few multiday trips a year, normally one or two nighters to VA and WV but I do have a full length of the Blue Ridge Parkway/Dragon/Cherohala/Snake ride planned for June.

Welcome to the forum Craig!
I'm staying away from the dealers so I don't come home with a GSA :)
Great bike! Nice that your enjoying it.
Gary

Long time rider, new BMW owner.

Bought my 2015 R1200GSA from Hermy's early last summer. Seems like a great dealership; good people.

The GS is simply the best bike I've ever owned; love it!

So, what is the current count of stop lights on the US30 Bypass these days? When I left, 31-yrs ago in April, it was 13.

Thanks all!

207... Yeah, it's so nice to know we have good dealer support. But I don't plan to see them often... I took her there for the first 600 mile service but I'll do my own servicing from now on. I did the second engine oil change and rear drive lube change already. Bought the GS 911; nice little tool.

rock... Yes, lets get together for sure! Please! I did a short Skyline trip on the GS last summer but been down the Blue Ridge/Dragon/Cherohala about 4 times on my sport bikes. Did WV area a couple times but not the Snake (I think); we stayed a couple nights in Harrisonburg for those trips.

omega... Bob Lilley from Hermy's is a riding "God" and sold me the GS. Bob is a multiple Iron Butt in multiple countries rider and usually a top ten Iron Butt Rally rider. A rider of heroic proportions for sure.

366... LOL! I stay away from the West side of Rt 30 at all costs. Just complete misery.

Welcome Craig. +1 on Hermy's. I'm outside Philadelphia but Hermy's is my go to dealer. It helps that there's some really nice roads up that way!

Welcome, Craig. I live way over on the left side of the state but besides residing in PA we have another commonality. I currently own an '07 ZX-14 and once owned a ZX-11 back in '91. The '91 was black with a ridiculously wide set of pink stripes from the factory. Many brands in that day offered pastel colors on their bikes and clothing lines. Glad we got away from that. What color was your 11? Maroon or black?

Thanks all!

207... Yeah, it's so nice to know we have good dealer support. But I don't plan to see them often... I took her there for the first 600 mile service but I'll do my own servicing from now on. I did the second engine oil change and rear drive lube change already. Bought the GS 911; nice little tool.

rock... Yes, lets get together for sure! Please! I did a short Skyline trip on the GS last summer but been down the Blue Ridge/Dragon/Cherohala about 4 times on my sport bikes. Did WV area a couple times but not the Snake (I think); we stayed a couple nights in Harrisonburg for those trips.

omega... Bob Lilley from Hermy's is a riding "God" and sold me the GS. Bob is a multiple Iron Butt in multiple countries rider and usually a top ten Iron Butt Rally rider. A rider of heroic proportions for sure.

366... LOL! I stay away from the West side of Rt 30 at all costs. Just complete misery.

What defines east and west these days? If you say, Mt Rose Ave., I'll laugh my butt off...

What defines east and west these days? If you say, Mt Rose Ave., I'll laugh my butt off...

LOL!! I'd bet some here would think that.... they don't get out much.

I'd say west of Rt. 83 is "west". But starting at the Harley plant heading west on 30 is really where the traffic starts. 30 is three lanes now on the "west" side and still can't handle the traffic.

Welcome, Craig. I live way over on the left side of the state but besides residing in PA we have another commonality. I currently own an '07 ZX-14 and once owned a ZX-11 back in '91. The '91 was black with a ridiculously wide set of pink stripes from the factory. Many brands in that day offered pastel colors on their bikes and clothing lines. Glad we got away from that. What color was your 11? Maroon or black?

Howdy WS.... LOL, about the pink. But I do remember fondly when neon pink (and other neons) was the rage with the girls and their bikinis so it wasn't all bad!! hahaha
I grew up south of Pittsburgh near Elizabeth. PITT grad. I still head out your way for work travel about 6-7 times per year.

My 98 ZED was black. That was a great bike; I wish I kept it. I felt like I sat "in" the bike not "on" the bike like the 14. But wow that 14 is powerful and smooth. I did like going to fuel injection though... I was always messing with my carbs; not that it really needed it, I was just always looking for perfection.

2.jpg
IMG_3514.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Craig. +1 on Hermy's. I'm outside Philadelphia but Hermy's is my go to dealer. It helps that there's some really nice roads up that way!

Yes, there are some really nice back roads up there! Gives me a good excuse to stop at the dealership and then continue north to visit my son attending Bloomsburg University.

Have y'all read/heard about the town of Centralia not too far from Bloomsburg and Hermy's? The town with the underground coal fire. Not much to see but it is eerie... with nice twisties to and from!

Is downtown York still a ghost town?

No, not at all. It's a pretty bustling place now.

Loads of good restaurants and some great pubs. Quite a few micro-breweries too. It's a pretty good place to go out for the night... small enough to be able to walk to nearly everything but big enough to have many choices.

My type of night in York with the boss... go to a good but casual restaurant with great beer, walk to see a live comedy show or concert at the Capitol or Strand theater, hit a micro-brewery for a couple after the show. The car stays parked the entire time.

Loads of good restaurants and some great pubs. Quite a few micro-breweries too. It's a pretty good place to go out for the night... small enough to be able to walk to nearly everything but big enough to have many choices.

My type of night in York with the boss... go to a good but casual restaurant with great beer, walk to see a live comedy show or concert at the Capitol or Strand theater, hit a micro-brewery for a couple after the show. The car stays parked the entire time.

Good to hear. For years, they tried to rejuvenate the downtown, but the locals refused to support. In the early 80's, they were still arguing about the riots. That was ugly and scared the town for a long time.

Not to mention the only Primanti Brothers outside the Pittsburgh area

Howdy WS.... LOL, about the pink. My 98 ZED was black. That was a great bike; I wish I kept it. I felt like I sat "in" the bike not "on" the bike like the 14. But wow that 14 is powerful and smooth. I did like going to fuel injection though... I was always messing with my carbs; not that it really needed it, I was just always looking for perfection.

Here's a pic of my '91 (It's a pic of a pic so please excuse the poor quality, didn't have a digital camera back in the day.)

And here's one I owned that I shouldn't have let go. It's a '79 CBX with 11K miles that I sold in '91 to buy the 11

Lastly, here's my current Kawi ride...

Attachments

• DSC05492.jpg
    DSC05492.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC05491.jpg
    DSC05491.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture 163a.jpg
    Picture 163a.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 41
Not to mention the only Primanti Brothers outside the Pittsburgh area

Well..... they have a Primanti's in Ft. Lauderdale too. I have to go there every year in the fall for work and we hit Primanti's once during that week. It's great to see a line of people in Steeler jersey's waiting to get in!

Back