• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Location of Paint Code for 2005 1150GS

erkj79

John Erkan
I have a few spots requiring touch up on my 2004 1150GS. Can someone direct me to the location of the paint code for this bike? Can the paint code be determined from the VIN # or is there a special code. The paint is a silver metallic and is original. Thanx

It's probably this

51 91 0 144 541 SET: METALLIC TOUCH UP PENCIL GRAPHITAN - 426

51 91 2 347 512 SET: METALLIC PAINT SPRAY GRAPHITAN - 426

If I remember correctly the paint code is on the fuse box cover.

Last edited:
If you are able to take your bike to a body shop paint supplier they may have the electronic tool to match your paint colour. I did this with my bike to acquire the paint to spray my Bushtec trailer, and now its a match with the bike.

Typically, there is a sticker under the seat with a paint code. If the bike uses multiple colors, the code is for that combination, but it still gives you a starting point. There are several websites that can decode your VIN, http://www.bmwarchive.org/ and http://www.bmwvin.com are two that will show your paint scheme and factory options..

The parts fiche at www.realoem.com can also help with identifying individual paint codes. (Not always - the RT's Ebony Metallic is missing). Use your VIN or model and manufacture date to browse parts and select "Body Equipment" and then "Painted Parts". Your post gives both 2004 and 2005 years - it looks like the color could also be Titan Silver (354).

Back