• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos of your Motorcycle Napping.

I have seen a number of photos recently of motorcycles lying on their side in various forum threads. Many of us have dropped our bikes and taken a picture, or have pictures of others that have gone down. If you have a photo that you want to share of a motorcycle lying down (napping, dirt napping) post it here!

Well - so far my 2017 R1200GSA Triple Blac is only two weeks old and still naps in the upright position.

:dunno

i-zngnMqk-X3.jpg

Noob Mistake

Near Pendleton, Oregon, I parked for a "Kodak moment" on wet ground with the bike leaning downhill:
Willowa%20Mountains%2C%20OR%201-XL.jpg

As I focused, I watched my pride and joy slowly tip over because the kickstand sunk into the ground. I had to unload it to release her from the forces of gravity

Mike

Near Pendleton, Oregon, I parked for a "Kodak moment" on wet ground with the bike leaning downhill:
Willowa%20Mountains%2C%20OR%201-XL.jpg

As I focused, I watched my pride and joy slowly tip over because the kickstand sunk into the ground. I had to unload it to release her from the forces of gravity

Mike

The placement of that decal indicates either previous experience with a napping bike or an element of prescience; in either case it is an apt message given the situation.

The placement of that decal indicates either previous experience with a napping bike or an element of prescience; in either case it is an apt message given the situation.

Kevin, that hurt my feelings:) . . . . yeah, right! You bet I've got experience and hope to get more!
Willowa%20Mountains%2C%20OR%202.jpg

You gotta, admit, the tire and the final drive look pretty good. C'mon . . . . work with me!

Mike

Damn Wind

So, after the BoD meeting in Colorado Springs I had to fly to HQ in DC. I parked my bike at a hotel I would be staying at upon return and flew to DC. Tried to fly back the same day as the Southwest flight had its engine boo-boo, didn't land at DIA until after 3am and this is what I found when I got to the hotel. STRONG winds blew it over, no damage. Late arrival caused me to cancel the second half of my trip - Fontana Getaway:banghead

****ty picture, but the message is clear!20150719_100555.jpg

cantsurf
02 R1100S No Dirt
07 KLR650 Some Dirt
03 DRZ 250 All Dirt
77 R75/7 Still in the box

Back