• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos of your Motorcycle Napping.

rdalland

Giddyap
I have seen a number of photos recently of motorcycles lying on their side in various forum threads. Many of us have dropped our bikes and taken a picture, or have pictures of others that have gone down. If you have a photo that you want to share of a motorcycle lying down (napping, dirt napping) post it here!

Perhaps you have a photo of your bike resting peacefully in a field...

i-GJNPt8L-XL.jpg

...or lying contentedly by a stream...

i-cnP8wRF-XL.jpg

...maybe you have laid it down intentionally for a product review photo...

610_3626-HDR-2-XL.jpg

...if you have a photo of your motorcycle "napping" post it here! I know I have a few.

Last edited:
IMAG0148.jpg
My K1200GT taking a nap in the parking lot after the black car jumped the curb and gave it the fatal love tap.

At mile 32 of a 40 mile freshly graveled Colorado road, the front and rear wheels switched places and then decided to nap. It was an opportunity to test my Motoport Kevlar riding gear. :laugh

Even though the Motosport gear and I survived the 30 mph slide better than my K100, the bike was able to be ridden back to Ontario without any problems. :bow

From Ontario I rode to the Boston area to pick up a newer set of saddle bags. (Never did like the original panniers with the tiny keys. :banghead)

Attachments

• USA 2007 319.jpg
    USA 2007 319.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
Perhaps you have a photo of your bike resting peacefully in a field...

i-GJNPt8L-XL.jpg

...or lying contentedly by a stream...

i-cnP8wRF-XL.jpg

...maybe you have laid it down intentionally for a product review photo...

610_3626-HDR-2-XL.jpg

...if you have a photo of your motorcycle "napping" post it here! I know I have a few.

What a touching bike story! :wow
I think if you add the anthropopathic lines to these photos like digital signing photos, it will be more appealing and persuasive. :) Thanks for your story.

What a touching bike story! :wow
I think if you add the anthropopathic lines to these photos...

had to look up anthropopathic...

Definition of anthropopathic : ascribing human feelings to something that is not human <anthropopathic writing>

Obviously tired from climbing Hunter Mountain at Color in the Catskills (not my photo).

i-t8wfrkz-XL.png

Last edited:
I have had about 4 occasion in my 30+ years of riding that could have taken a picture of bike napping, one as recent as about 5 weeks ago. But on all such occasions, I purposely decided not to.

On the occasion 5 weeks ago (Palomar Mountain CA), I did get a picture after I aroused it from its slumber.
Can see the gas puddle it made while napping.

IMG_3280_W1000_drop_zpshfiirnat.jpg

A couple weeks ago in Arkansas someone backed into or kicked Debbie's bike over.

P1030736.JPG

Asphalt nap

This is me..:banghead during the 2016 Fontana Gateway..Stupid rookie mistake. All the training and experienced gone in less than 1 second. Hit some gravel at a sharp curve. Target fixation, panicked, everything you could do wrong on a gravel patch recovery...I did it. Ended up with a broken leg...Very frustrating.. Believe it or not, the only damage to the bike was a scratched engine guard. Thank you MOA Member Jose Negron that helped me in the recovery of the bike and calling for help. By the way, DeLarome inReach is worth every penny. Worked like a charm.

Crash2.JPG

Damage to Left Engine Guard MOA.JPG

Glad you had relatively minor injuries to you and bike...even though after having a broken leg, maybe not so minor!

On the lighter side, seeing your screen name, was some pitch and yaw involved? :scratch

:laugh:laugh:laugh

Thanks for sharing...a lot of folks claim that never happens...but it can and does:banghead

Glad you had relatively minor injuries to you and bike...even though after having a broken leg, maybe not so minor!

On the lighter side, seeing your screen name, was some pitch and yaw involved? :scratch

:laugh:laugh:laugh

Thanks for sharing...a lot of folks claim that never happens...but it can and does:banghead

LOL...There was a lot of pitch an yaw involved.....plus some obvious roll too!!!! :dance

A Noob napping

Well - so far my 2017 R1200GSA Triple Blac is only two weeks old and still naps in the upright position.IMG_00011 copy 2.jpg

Visiting friends 5 miles off the blacktop and off the grid east of McNeil, AZ....hit a patch of sand and down I went... luckily I was able to text for help and and they came and helped me get the bike back on its feet....

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 302
Back