Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Photos of your Motorcycle Napping.

Asphalt nap

This is me.. during the 2016 Fontana Gateway..Stupid rookie mistake. All the training and experienced gone in less than 1 second. Hit some gravel at a sharp curve. Target fixation, panicked, everything you could do wrong on a gravel patch recovery...I did it. Ended up with a broken leg...Very frustrating.. Believe it or not, the only damage to the bike was a scratched engine guard. Thank you MOA Member Jose Negron that helped me in the recovery of the bike and calling for help. By the way, DeLarome inReach is worth every penny. Worked like a charm.

Crash2.JPG

Damage to Left Engine Guard MOA.JPG
    2016 BMW R1200GSA

Glad you had relatively minor injuries to you and bike...even though after having a broken leg, maybe not so minor!

On the lighter side, seeing your screen name, was some pitch and yaw involved?

Thanks for sharing...a lot of folks claim that never happens...but it can and does
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Glad you had relatively minor injuries to you and bike...even though after having a broken leg, maybe not so minor!

On the lighter side, seeing your screen name, was some pitch and yaw involved?

Thanks for sharing...a lot of folks claim that never happens...but it can and does
    LOL...There was a lot of pitch an yaw involved.....plus some obvious roll too!!!!
    2016 BMW R1200GSA

A Noob napping

Well - so far my 2017 R1200GSA Triple Blac is only two weeks old and still naps in the upright position.IMG_00011 copy 2.jpg

Visiting friends 5 miles off the blacktop and off the grid east of McNeil, AZ....hit a patch of sand and down I went... luckily I was able to text for help and and they came and helped me get the bike back on its feet....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Clark
    94 K75s 94K75 standard

Quote Originally Posted by rdalland View Post
    I have seen a number of photos recently of motorcycles lying on their side in various forum threads. Many of us have dropped our bikes and taken a picture, or have pictures of others that have gone down. If you have a photo that you want to share of a motorcycle lying down (napping, dirt napping) post it here!

Quote Originally Posted by oosik View Post
    Well - so far my 2017 R1200GSA Triple Blac is only two weeks old and still naps in the upright position.

ride what you've got; enjoy the ride!

Reid - Stone Ridge, NY - BMWMOA #69187 - Turbo Fluffy Motoclub - IBA #50182