• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Chance Meeting in Hawaii, HI (Big Island)

BMW Triumphant

Ed Kilner #176066
I'm a long way from home, here in paradise for my daughter's wedding. Out today taking pictures, when who should I meet but a bunch of fellow MOA members:

20160313_1402_DxO.jpg

With any luck, they will reply and identify themselves, as I told them I would post this picture.

Half the reason I asked is because when we were in Hawaii, visiting friends, I rented a bike (H-D) for a day. After waving to a few other motorcyclist, and noticed that most bikes were big road bikes, I started to get the idea that most of them were also tourist on rental bikes. Then I thought it was interesting that most all the big road bikes seemed to be tourist.

har har, tourist are the ones with the sunburn, har har, good observation.

My wife and I were just there the first week and saw lots of the Honda Ruckus scooter things with extended swing arms. That was funny to see. I did see a few big BMW bikes while there but we did not rent. If you are still there I would highly recommend taking a helicopter ride over the volcano's with out the doors on the copter, the company we used was Paradise Tours out of Hilo. That is a complete rush flying at a few hundred feet over an active volcano while hanging out the door taking pictures. Enjoy the big island

My wife and I were just there the first week and saw lots of the Honda Ruckus scooter things with extended swing arms. That was funny to see. I did see a few big BMW bikes while there but we did not rent. If you are still there I would highly recommend taking a helicopter ride over the volcano's with out the doors on the copter, the company we used was Paradise Tours out of Hilo. That is a complete rush flying at a few hundred feet over an active volcano while hanging out the door taking pictures. Enjoy the big island

I have never been in a helicopter. It would be a great ride. I might look into it.

Check out the ice cream at Tropical Dreams. :)

Have a great holiday.

Last edited:
Back