Thread: Lonestar bmw. Austin Texas

Lonestar bmw. Austin Texas

I went by the old Lonestar BMW an Lamar today in Austin. Texas and it is now a home appliance store eck. I miss that place. Great people Great bikes and customer service and an all around great place for riders to kick tires and visit with each other. I do hope the owners and staff are all doing well in their new adventures
    Ride safe

A few of the staff are at Woods Fun Center, home to BMW Motorcycles of Austin.
    Mike White
    Lorena, Texas
    2015 R1200GSW

Quote Originally Posted by m1aspring View Post
    I went by the old Lonestar BMW an Lamar today in Austin. Texas and it is now a home appliance store eck. I miss that place. Great people Great bikes and customer service and an all around great place for riders to kick tires and visit with each other. I do hope the owners and staff are all doing well in their new adventures
    Ride safe
    I know one of the former owners is doing just fine in retirement. He and his wife were over for a BBQ last weekend. One of the mechanics has opened his own shop and appears to be doing well. Tried to get in this week and he's booked up until the 19th.

And yes, I miss going in and hanging around.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA 2013 K1600GT

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbutcher View Post
    I know one of the former owners is doing just fine in retirement. He and his wife were over for a BBQ last weekend. One of the mechanics has opened his own shop and appears to be doing well. Tried to get in this week and he's booked up until the 19th.

And yes, I miss going in and hanging around.
    Hey, Rusty. Thanks for the heads-up on (Peter or Robert) ex-Lone Star owner, and that they're doing well. If I may, who might be the mechanic opening his own shop? What ever wrenching I didn't do on ole Toad, LS did - and with always great results. Love to keep my options open. Thanks Rusty, and best always.

Mark
    Google CuznBob Hill Country Cycle. Robert Aldridge is a nice, honest, good BMW mechanic. Located in north Austin on Metric Blvd.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mdjohnson View Post
    Google CuznBob Hill Country Cycle. Robert Aldridge is a nice, honest, good BMW mechanic. Located in north Austin on Metric Blvd.

Mark
    Thanks much, Mark. Appreciate the info. Got him in my contacts folder.

Sorry for the slow response, yes, it is Robert who is down in the Big Bend area. And I see you got the info on CuznBob's for work. He got my brakes straightened out just in time for the trip I was just on.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA 2013 K1600GT