Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Lonestar bmw. Austin Texas

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    plfugerville texas
    Posts
    52

    Lonestar bmw. Austin Texas

    I went by the old Lonestar BMW an Lamar today in Austin. Texas and it is now a home appliance store eck. I miss that place. Great people Great bikes and customer service and an all around great place for riders to kick tires and visit with each other. I do hope the owners and staff are all doing well in their new adventures
    Ride safe

  2. #2
    Ride on! txtinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lorena, Texas
    Posts
    158
    A few of the staff are at Woods Fun Center, home to BMW Motorcycles of Austin.
    Mike White
    Lorena, Texas
    2015 R1200GSW

  3. #3
    Registered User Woodbutcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by m1aspring View Post
    I went by the old Lonestar BMW an Lamar today in Austin. Texas and it is now a home appliance store eck. I miss that place. Great people Great bikes and customer service and an all around great place for riders to kick tires and visit with each other. I do hope the owners and staff are all doing well in their new adventures
    Ride safe
    I know one of the former owners is doing just fine in retirement. He and his wife were over for a BBQ last weekend. One of the mechanics has opened his own shop and appears to be doing well. Tried to get in this week and he's booked up until the 19th.

    And yes, I miss going in and hanging around.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA 2013 K1600GT

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Boerne, TX
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodbutcher View Post
    I know one of the former owners is doing just fine in retirement. He and his wife were over for a BBQ last weekend. One of the mechanics has opened his own shop and appears to be doing well. Tried to get in this week and he's booked up until the 19th.

    And yes, I miss going in and hanging around.
    Hey, Rusty. Thanks for the heads-up on (Peter or Robert) ex-Lone Star owner, and that they're doing well. If I may, who might be the mechanic opening his own shop? What ever wrenching I didn't do on ole Toad, LS did - and with always great results. Love to keep my options open. Thanks Rusty, and best always.

  5. #5
    Mark
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3
    Google CuznBob Hill Country Cycle. Robert Aldridge is a nice, honest, good BMW mechanic. Located in north Austin on Metric Blvd.

    Mark

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Boerne, TX
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by mdjohnson View Post
    Google CuznBob Hill Country Cycle. Robert Aldridge is a nice, honest, good BMW mechanic. Located in north Austin on Metric Blvd.

    Mark
    Thanks much, Mark. Appreciate the info. Got him in my contacts folder.

  7. #7
    Registered User Woodbutcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    265
    Sorry for the slow response, yes, it is Robert who is down in the Big Bend area. And I see you got the info on CuznBob's for work. He got my brakes straightened out just in time for the trip I was just on.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA 2013 K1600GT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •