• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Western PA

My oldest daughter graduated in '07 with an accounting degree, my son played football there all 4 years and graduated in '09 with a marketing degree, and my youngest daughter graduated in '10 with an education degree. Great school, solid mentors, good kids for the most part who became great friends and good opportunity to receive a solid education for a GREAT price! Grove City is an independent school so it receives no government funding and therefore charts it's own destiny without government mandates. Great alumni program. But I digress. This is not an ad for Grove City... but I will say my son played football for Grove City at the tailback position for four years and is the 4th highest points earner in Grove City history with 84.:clap

Here's another pic of the Motorsport I took today just to get back on track. So NICE to have a 65+ degree day! Please excuse the fuel tank breather hose. I didn't realize it was hanging low until after I took the pic.:banghead

Attachments

• DSC05385a.jpg
    DSC05385a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 73
My oldest daughter graduated in '07 with an accounting degree, my son played football there all 4 years and graduated in '09 with a marketing degree, and my youngest daughter graduated in '10 with an education degree. Great school, solid mentors, good kids for the most part who became great friends and good opportunity to receive a solid education for a GREAT price! Grove City is an independent school so it receives no government funding and therefore charts it's own destiny without government mandates. Great alumni program. But I digress. This is not an ad for Grove City... but I will say my son played football for Grove City at the tailback position for four years and is the 4th highest points earner in Grove City history with 84.:clap

Here's another pic of the Motorsport I took today just to get back on track. So NICE to have a 65+ degree day! Please excuse the fuel tank breather hose. I didn't realize it was hanging low until after I took the pic.:banghead

An engineering colleague and my wife's Violin/Bass luthier are both Grove City grads. Seems to be a pretty good school:)

They may have taken courses from my buddy then--Earl Tilford

My wife and I were very happy with the opportunity to provide our "kids" with solid choices as they were navigating decision making through those turbulent college years. We felt Grove City was a great value!

Are there other airhead BMW owners/riders in the area I can get together with for a ride or to just pick their brain? I live north west of Pittsburgh off 376 (Brighton exit) past the airport. Been here about 4 years. There's a BMW motorcycle dealership in Wexford but they don't have a clue about working on airheads. Anyone else out there with an airhead that knows their way around not only shops but good roads in the area? Just curious.

My wife and I were very happy with the opportunity to provide our "kids" with solid choices as they were navigating decision making through those turbulent college years. We felt Grove City was a great value!

Are there other airhead BMW owners/riders in the area I can get together with for a ride or to just pick their brain? I live north west of Pittsburgh off 376 (Brighton exit) past the airport. Been here about 4 years. There's a BMW motorcycle dealership in Wexford but they don't have a clue about working on airheads. Anyone else out there with an airhead that knows their way around not only shops but good roads in the area? Just curious.

You might check out http://www.4windsbmw.org/

Thanks for the tip. I checked the web site and they congregate fairly close by. I'll need to visit sometime. It was such a beautiful day today I couldn't help myself but get the two boxers out for a photo op. I hope you don't mind a couple more pictures. They do come out very nicely on this web site! Thanks for letting me indulge!

Attachments

• DSC05396a.jpg
    DSC05396a.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC05398a.jpg
    DSC05398a.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 64
Nobody referred to either my ZX-14 or "the 427 Beast". What do others of you drive besides your BMW's? And I'm not referring to daily transportation but rather vehicles of interest that others might like to see? Just curious (perhaps the Moderators or Admin would prefer I start another thread?). :kbasa

I was responding to another thread a few minutes ago by adding a digital picture of an older photograph. So I thought I'd add a couple of nostalgia pictures to this thread as well. The quality ain't so hot but hopefully you'll get an idea. The first is a series from my first national rally at Rutland, VT back in '78

Attachments

• DSC05476.jpg
    DSC05476.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC05481.jpg
    DSC05481.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC05482.jpg
    DSC05482.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 46
This next series is from the next rally I attended in Brainard, MIN. Not sure of the year but I'm thinking '79... again, I apologize for the quality but it's a digital of an old photo. The picture of the R90S was what sold me on having to get one someday! I used to look at that picture for long spells and daydream :)

Attachments

• DSC05483.jpg
    DSC05483.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC05484.jpg
    DSC05484.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC05485.jpg
    DSC05485.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 59
This next set of pictures is from my '72 R75/5, my '78 R80/7, and my '81 Kawasaki GPZ-1100

Attachments

• DSC05497.jpg
    DSC05497.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05486.jpg
    DSC05486.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC05487.jpg
    DSC05487.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Just a couple more of the California Superbike School Classes I attended back in '83...
and the "one that got away", a '79 CBX that I wished I would have kept. Had 11K miles on it when I sold it in '91 for the ZX-11. Foolish young man! :banghead

Attachments

• DSC05489.jpg
    DSC05489.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC05490.jpg
    DSC05490.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC05491.jpg
    DSC05491.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 59
Recent pictures

I finally got the Motorsport completed by finding a blue vinyl cover and seat foam and having the day long switched by Sargent. They did a first rate job. It took me 5 months to get it done but she's complete. Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

• DSC05610.jpg
    DSC05610.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC05606.jpg
    DSC05606.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 44
I am fortunate

Thank you, Sir. I appreciate it. I have a very understanding wife who allows me opportunity to indulge. But I think if I even THINK of adding anything else, :hide somethings got to go!

Looking forward to July and Hamburg!

I read through this thread and thought maybe I'd come full circle and show a picture from the Hamburg Das Rally. I don't know who took the picture but I found it on the MOA web site. There's even a picture of the tail section in the October ON on page 58. I know it's mine because it has the single grab rail and the 100rs sticker is slightly skewed... from the factory. Only something I would notice because I'm so anal retentive :dunno Anyway, thanks to whomever took the photo, I like it!

TerenceHamill-DSC_6376.jpg

Back