Thread: RT and ABS Pro

Ute's Chauffeur

RT and ABS Pro

I had a business meeting recently about 2 miles from MaxBMW in NY (where I bought my last 3 bikes). I stopped in, sat on the RT and asked the salesman if they came with ABS Pro as I have read conflicting info. He said some of the 16s have it. He did not seem sure about his answer. Can anyone confirm if they have an RT with ABS Pro? Thanks

Hi

Recently purchased a 2016 R1200RT with the Dynamic and Premium packages. No references to ABS Pro on the build sheet. Searching the internet, it looks like ABS Pro is a GS option.

Maurice

I just had a look at BMW Motorrad USA's website. ABS Pro is shown as part of the premium package for the GS Adventure (didn't check the GS), but is not shown as part of any RT package, or as a separate option for that matter.
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure

This article shows the different models with ABS Pro.

http://bmwmcmag.com/2015/09/curve-co...w-motorcycles/
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Ute's Chauffeur
    Thanks for the replies, I found the same info and I had a hard time believing that it was a running change without any announcements from BMW. He was a new salesman and I think he just got wrong info.