• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1st time BMW Owner from Central, Pennsylvania

usa1

Adventure Bound
Hello Everyone,
New to BMW although I'm a old geezer who has been an avid rider the past 40 years.
I just picked-up a clean, low mileage, nicely maintained, 2004 R1150GS Adventure. I'll try and post a picture:bikes

I'm excited about getting to know you and learn from you. Hopefully even get the chance to ride with a few of you fine folks.

All the best,
Carl

vp4445764_2_large.jpg

Hello Everyone,
New to BMW although I'm a old geezer who has been an avid rider the past 40 years.
I just picked-up a clean, low mileage, nicely maintained, 2004 R1150GS Adventure. I'll try and post a picture:bikes

I'm excited about getting to know you and learn from you. Hopefully even get the chance to ride with a few of you fine folks.

All the best,
Carl

View attachment 54930

Hello from up in the real center of PA.

I've often wondered if Trans-Am is a good dealer?

Welcome to the forum!
Nice bike, I always like the style of those GS's
Gary

Welcome Aboard

Welcome to the club and the forum - I've always likes those GSA's - I'm sure it will give you many faithful miles.

Thanks for being a member!!

Hello from up in the real center of PA.

I've often wondered if Trans-Am is a good dealer?

Trans-Am was purchased by Keller Brothers. As for Trans-Am, I can't speak to the BMW support, but I have purchased numerous dirt bikes from them over the years and they do/did treat their customers well. I actually purchase the GSA from Hermey's in Port Clinton where the bike was being sold on consignment. I hear you regarding "the real Center of PA", I should have said South Eastern, PA...
Cheers

Last edited:
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone and the comments regarding the GSA. It makes me feel pretty darn good and that I made the right decision on purchasing that particular vintage.

:thumb

Trans-Am was purchased by Keller Brothers. As for Trans-Am, I can't speak to the BMW support, but I have purchased numerous dirt bikes from them over the years and they do/did treat their customers well. I actually purchase the GSA from Hermey's in Port Clinton where the bike was being sold on consignment. I hear you regarding "the real Center of PA", I should have said South Eastern, PA...
Cheers

Hermy's is a good shop. So good, Hermy Sr. refused to do business with me............:)

Welcome

Carl,

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you'll like here. I just joined last year after getting my first BMW, a R1200GS, after riding since the mid-70s. I had a lot of bikes over the years but the GS is the most comfortable and stable bike I've owned so far. Had to make a few changes though to make it "fit" me a little better.

Your GSA looks sharp. Is that seat comfortable?

Hans

Welcome! All the folks I've run into on this forum have had nothing but good things to say so you should get lots of great feedback. Enjoy.

I have relatives who live in Lititz. My wife's parents reside at the Moravian Manor and my Brother-in-law lives in Lititz as well. My wife and I will be out there in a couple of weeks to visit my father-in-law who celebrates his 89th b'day. Very quaint town with lots of history. How long have you lived there?

Back