Thread: 1st time BMW Owner from Central, Pennsylvania

1st time BMW Owner from Central, Pennsylvania

Hello Everyone,
    New to BMW although I'm a old geezer who has been an avid rider the past 40 years.
    I just picked-up a clean, low mileage, nicely maintained, 2004 R1150GS Adventure. I'll try and post a picture

I'm excited about getting to know you and learn from you. Hopefully even get the chance to ride with a few of you fine folks.

All the best,
    Carl

vp4445764_2_large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by usa1 View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    New to BMW although I'm a old geezer who has been an avid rider the past 40 years.
    I just picked-up a clean, low mileage, nicely maintained, 2004 R1150GS Adventure. I'll try and post a picture

I'm excited about getting to know you and learn from you. Hopefully even get the chance to ride with a few of you fine folks.

All the best,
    Carl

vp4445764_2_large.jpg
    Hello from up in the real center of PA.

I've often wondered if Trans-Am is a good dealer?
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!
    Nice bike, I always like the style of those GS's
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

A hearty welcome from the other side of the river.

Welcome to the forums boss. Your bike is looking totally awesome.
    Last edited by rangerreece; 03-04-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Welcome Aboard

Welcome to the club and the forum - I've always likes those GSA's - I'm sure it will give you many faithful miles.

Thanks for being a member!!
    Wes Fitzer-MOA BoD - President
    BMWMOA 170126
    NE Oklahoma BMW Club; BMW Riders of Oklahoma
    2014 K1600 GTLE

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Hello from up in the real center of PA.

I've often wondered if Trans-Am is a good dealer?
    Trans-Am was purchased by Keller Brothers. As for Trans-Am, I can't speak to the BMW support, but I have purchased numerous dirt bikes from them over the years and they do/did treat their customers well. I actually purchase the GSA from Hermey's in Port Clinton where the bike was being sold on consignment. I hear you regarding "the real Center of PA", I should have said South Eastern, PA...
    Cheers
    Last edited by usa1; 03-04-2016 at 04:49 AM.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone and the comments regarding the GSA. It makes me feel pretty darn good and that I made the right decision on purchasing that particular vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by usa1 View Post
    Trans-Am was purchased by Keller Brothers. As for Trans-Am, I can't speak to the BMW support, but I have purchased numerous dirt bikes from them over the years and they do/did treat their customers well. I actually purchase the GSA from Hermey's in Port Clinton where the bike was being sold on consignment. I hear you regarding "the real Center of PA", I should have said South Eastern, PA...
    Cheers
    Hermy's is a good shop. So good, Hermy Sr. refused to do business with me............
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Welcome

Carl,

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you'll like here. I just joined last year after getting my first BMW, a R1200GS, after riding since the mid-70s. I had a lot of bikes over the years but the GS is the most comfortable and stable bike I've owned so far. Had to make a few changes though to make it "fit" me a little better.

Your GSA looks sharp. Is that seat comfortable?

Hans
    One of the “Quiet Professionals”

08 BMW R1200GS, 15 F-150 EB, 11 Nissan Juke (wife's), 00 Jeep GC (for my Dobie).

Welcome! All the folks I've run into on this forum have had nothing but good things to say so you should get lots of great feedback. Enjoy.

I have relatives who live in Lititz. My wife's parents reside at the Moravian Manor and my Brother-in-law lives in Lititz as well. My wife and I will be out there in a couple of weeks to visit my father-in-law who celebrates his 89th b'day. Very quaint town with lots of history. How long have you lived there?
    Current rides: '76 R90S, '78 R100RS Motorsport, 07 Kawasaki ZX-14... and '65 427SC Shelby Cobra... does not play well with the two wheelers