• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

That MOA logo - can it be fixed now?

Here's some food for thought. Would it be that difficult to have more stuff with the official "BMW approved" logo? There's only a few items from a quick search in the Gear Shop. Would that satisfy some of the people who want a more descriptive logo?

foot-logo.png

Just as Reece says, Jeff, a little effort to create an encounter with every BMW rider a member sees could go a long way to expanding the membership. A simple business card with the official, approved logo (as in your signature Jeff) along with website information, and maybe a link to the local chapter (Yankee Beemers in my case) would do the job. For a lot of people, this might require leaving their comfort zone occasionally, but there a new friends to be made everywhere, I'd say.

I had this conversation with two students yesterday... All three of us were wearing army flights suits. None of us were around motorcycles we were walking to our German engineered helicopter, I was going to teach them how to start it. (I'm very thourough, the instruction lasted 3 hours, it takes 20minutes or less for a well trained crew to run up an aircraft.). Somewhere in the conversation I said I rode BMW motorcycles, one student said he had an RnineT, the other said he wanted to buy a classic BMW. They were both aficionados of the brand. First question out of my mouth, "Are you MOA members? No? You should be, and then I told them why." Didn't need a logo, a brand, or a motorcycle to recruit the next generation of MOA members, I only needed to engage with young people. I think they'll both join. I'm a passionate man. I have several passions, one is training the next generation of army aviators, another is BMW motorcycles and the MOA. I encourage all MOA members to go forth seek BMW riders and bring them into the MOA, it's very personally rewarding.

I personally think the MOA logo would be better served to look more like something Ian has produced for the Georgia club, but the current logo design is fine with me. Just as sure as we would change it, someone would complain that it wasn't what they wanted and we'd be right back here on the forums complaining about the new logo. A plus to the current logo is that it's simplicity allows all the charter clubs, like Georgia to incorporate it into more elaborate designs. Wouldn't want the MOA to hoard up all the good designs.

You lost me on that one.

Here is GA

Banner10_1815185099.jpg

In the BMW approved format.

I don't see this

logo.png

incorporated in the GA design.

Am I missing something???:dunno

With all due respect....I do not see the similarities ? A captive audience in a training session is not the same as a chance meeting in a public place.

The students were randomly picked in the class an assigned to an IP just for the day. I have these conversations with students, church people, fellow IP's I work with etc. The only captive audience I have is here on the forums... And you guys and gals are all members... So... Anyway, I wasn't being critical, I wasn't saying that your point wasn't valid. I was only saying let your passion for the sport and the MOA not be limited by a so called "limited" logo.

Bud,
Dang tuff crowd. After I posted I went back up and reviewed the Georgia logos Ian posted right underneath the MOA logo. I realized my error but didn't think I need a retraction. Do I need to hire a lawyer?:)

Bud,
Dang tuff crowd. After I posted I went back up and reviewed the Georgia logos Ian posted right underneath the MOA logo. I realized my error but didn't think I need a retraction. Do I need to hire a lawyer?:)

We aren't tough, we are all warm and fuzzy. :hug

In post #8 I gave an opinion about what will happen with the logo, time will tell if it was correct or not. :dunno

image.jpeg

I see my confusion. This design similarities for the MOA and charter clubs is the same but driven by BMW AG not the MOA. My apologies.

image.jpg

How I fix the roundel logo issue. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

image.jpg

My German/French Helicopter this morning. My "captive" audience today didn't seem interested in bikes so the subject of conversation while training (lightens the mood... IP's have to have a helicopter side manner) was American pop culture.

Moa logo

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to have a boatload of shirts with the old MOA logo that at least identified me as a motorcycle rider, not a mall worker. :wave

I continue to wear them, even still have the old Ambassador patches on my bikes, shirts and jackets. Hope nobody bum rushes me in Hamburg from the logo police to slice them off me......or my clothes.

Friedle
continuing to live dangerously

I've said it personally to you, I've posted it on the Forum, I said it to various board members: I don't know of any one group of Beemer riders that seem to have more FUN than the GS Giants!

They have figured out to have a virtual club with excellent social media communication at low cost.

And, to repeat it again, I don't know why MOA doesn't tap into the experience and expertise of the Giants to produce an off road oriented Weekend Getaway. It would be well run and fun for all. Heck, I would even attend even if I didn't ride a GS!:thumb

Not being bashful, I wrote the BOD and Vance responded as he is part if the Events Committee.

He told me there had been conversations with the GS Giants on this issue. Hopefully they will be on the event calendar next year! :thumb:thumb:thumb

Moa logo

All right, now that I fell into this well......if you don't like the new logo simply stop buying stuff emblazoned with the new logo. If sales go down and net income falls, only then will the MOA possibly review the matter. The last time they changed to conform to the new guidelines it cost the club a considerable sum for the redesign and rebranding (did I use the rebranding term correctly Ian?) of everything from stationary to merchandise. Don't hold your breath for this to happen again soon.

I see the value of my old shirts rising in the marketplace. :dance

Friedle

You all are going to be big trouble. Any idea how many meetings there were to keep this trademark clear of those that might be proud to display it? :bolt
OM

Maybe a logo with a motorcycle with a big V-twin engine. No logo infringement there as far as I know. :scratch

With all due respect....I do not see the similarities ? A captive audience in a training session is not the same as a chance meeting in a public place.

Oooooohhhh, rotors!! Big, loud, money milkshake guzzling rotors. Awesome. I guarantee that anyone who is learning to fly one of those wants to be there. Hell, I'd be willing to listen to an hour of Hillary's gaseous prevarications if I had the opportunity to go up in one of those beasts.

All right, now that I fell into this well......if you don't like the new logo simply stop buying stuff emblazoned with the new logo. If sales go down and net income falls, only then will the MOA possibly review the matter. The last time they changed to conform to the new guidelines it cost the club a considerable sum for the redesign and rebranding (did I use the rebranding term correctly Ian?) of everything from stationary to merchandise. Don't hold your breath for this to happen again soon.

I see the value of my old shirts rising in the marketplace. :dance

Friedle

Well maybe and maybe not.

In the old days we stocked merchandise at the office.

Now it's all made on demand so there is no cost of inventory.

I'm not sure exactly how much income the MOA generates on those sales. Can not be much of our overall income.

Last edited:
I like that one.

This would be more concise.

logo - cut-up.jpg

Including the match, means you have to explain what it means with the text. Deleting the patch and retaining the text achieves the same result.

In my opinion, we could do better than that. The Yankee Beemers logo comes to mind. It's unique.

This would be more concise.

View attachment 54936

Including the match, means you have to explain what it means with the text. Deleting the patch and retaining the text achieves the same result.

In my opinion, we could do better than that. The Yankee Beemers logo comes to mind. It's unique.

Agreed.

The arguably "largest BMW club" on the planet, and we can't get it right when it comes to a patch/logo that identifies with our preferred marquee. :banghead

We make Congress look efficient. :dance

Back