• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

That MOA logo - can it be fixed now?

Just to add a thought to this thread. I'm one of the many minions of members our there. Through the club membership, I've been sent several MOA patches and stickers. All either sit somewhere in a drawer or I've tossed them out. Don't remember. Why? The MOA logo has ZERO meaning to me or to anyone else who see's it other than another MOA member. To me, if you're going to have an esoteric logo and brand, you better be spending a ton of money promoting it to the masses. Otherwise, have something that people understand.

Just my 2 cents.

I think are old logo was better. And what was wrong with the old MOA blue and green globe logo, it didn't have BMW roundel on it? It just had BMW Motorcycle Owners of America around the edge. :dunno

Hi John,

That was the problem. BMW is intellectual property of BMW and they can determine its use. And in this case they determined it wasn't allowed.

So lets just drop the BMW part, and call it "Beemer Owners of America." Or do they also control the word Beemer?:banghead

So lets just drop the BMW part, and call it "Beemer Owners of America." Or do they also control the word Beemer?:banghead

"Funny Looking German Motorcycle Owners of America" is what I said in about 1995 when the first (or at least not the latest) round of trademark enforcement was heating up. There was a guy from (then) BMWNA I talked to at the national who didn't think it was the least bit amusing, which made it all the more so.

I think are old logo was better. And what was wrong with the old MOA blue and green globe logo, it didn't have BMW roundel on it? It just had BMW Motorcycle Owners of America around the edge. :dunno

What was the old Yankee beemers logo?

And, to repeat it again, I don't know why MOA doesn't tap into the experience and expertise of the Giants to produce an off road oriented Weekend Getaway. It would be well run and fun for all. Heck, I would even attend even if I didn't ride a GS!:thumb

We're helping these chartered clubs produce an adventure component for their rallies:

• Georgia Club
  • Alabeemers
  • Yankee Beemers
  • Kansas City Club
  • Norcal Club
  • Nashville Club
  • A few very cool things in the hopper for places like Canada and California... :evil

oh.... and we also do The GS Giant for the MOA. :)

This does not include GS Giants doing events in 20 countries around the world later this month for March Moto Madness.

Regarding the logo for the Georgia club... this was not my design, I was the creative director, we hired a professional graphic designer and this was what we could afford. Good creative isn't cheap and even quality renderings of the silhouettes cost a pretty penny.

And, as far as best practices go, a good logo is not just a graphic design job. It's best to start with valid forms of marketing research to be sure you understand the problem you're trying to solve.

Ian

Our current logo is ineffective in letting others know what we really are all about.

The problem is that it doesn't reflect our brand. The logo isn't the brand. The logo should express what people experience through the brand.

Here's a possibility. Not quite as slick as the logos of the Georgia chapter or the RA but I think it embodies the spirit of the organization.

10at3w.jpg

This was going on with the car club about 25 years ago when I was a member (I had a 2002 and a 1600). There was a big kerfuffle about corporate threatening to sue. Looks like it's still going on. I don't remember how it was handled then. IIRC, it was something kinda silly like BMWCCA wasn't acceptable but BWM CCA (with the space) was or maybe the other way around.

FWIW, I think the new logo is an improvement over its predecessor but I agree that the MOA thing is kinda lame. At least out here in AZ it isn't confused with Mall of America.

Back