• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

From a previously 10 year paypal customer this is why NOT to use PAYPAL

Bottom line, large purchases like a vehicle if they can be paid via PayPal they can be paid in cash. Anyone who wants to use PayPal with anything I sell has to use the gift option. Yeah I know buyers can be screwed but I too have been screwed by people claiming things and PayPal didn't want to hear anything from my side. One time a buyer said he never received my package. I had TRACKING DATA showing delivery but Paypal still reversed the transaction since I didn't have signature proof of delivery.

In that case I lost a $50 sale and the merchandise so I was screwed out of essentially $100. Since then it'ss cash or PayPal gift and when buying I also pay using PayPal gift option if requested.

Sent from my KFSAWA using Tapatalk

I've been on the other side of the coin. Years ago I ordered an item from a company. The item arrived in pieces. Contacted PayPal who told me to deal first with the company. They wanted the item shipped back to them and argued that it was in mint condition when shipped. By the time they finally responded, PayPal informed that time had run out on them settling the dispute. I was left with no item and short $50. I had been under the impression that PayPal protected the buyer. I was wrong. After this thread, maybe PayPal protects no one but themselves. :scratch

I had been under the impression that PayPal protected the buyer. I was wrong. After this thread, maybe PayPal protects no one but themselves. :scratch

Of course. Thats "biddness"! As soon as you actually think they are on your side you will get burned.

I've been on the other side of the coin. Years ago I ordered an item from a company. The item arrived in pieces. Contacted PayPal who told me to deal first with the company. They wanted the item shipped back to them and argued that it was in mint condition when shipped. By the time they finally responded, PayPal informed that time had run out on them settling the dispute. I was left with no item and short $50. I had been under the impression that PayPal protected the buyer. I was wrong. After this thread, maybe PayPal protects no one but themselves. :scratch

PayPall are about protecting themselves first and foremost.

I refuse to do the gift option anymore; it's either a purchase or it isn't. Used it a few times, fortunately for low-dollar items, and each time the seller, who by all accounts had been legit to that point (had other sales in the groups, etc.,) refused to send it and openly insisted that no agreement to sell was ever made.

Back