• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recomendations for Fog Lights on a 2012 G650GS?

2brian

My wife rides a 2012 G650GS and from the front it only has the single headlight config. I would like to get some LED Fog Lights on the front of this bike so that she is more noticeable on the road. I am 100% sure that it has helped me be more noticeable to oncoming traffic, besides being safer when out at night. My bikes came with kits - her bike is previously owned and did not. We're hours from a BMW Dealership and I'd like to do something on my own if possible. I've spent a few hours googling solutions and by the end of it I'm no closer to a decision than when I started. What do you have that works + easy to install? Take care & Thanks - B

I put a set of Rigid spots on my R100GS with the yellow fog covers.
Very effective and very noticeable.

The lens comes off in seconds.

Attachments

• 1-inch-bars-deluxe-light-pack.jpg
    1-inch-bars-deluxe-light-pack.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 91
ADVMonster LED lights

Check out this site: http://stores.advmonster.com/led-lights/

There's a good deal on the Model 30's right now, $40 each. If you're looking for conspicuity lighting, you can't go wrong. We've put them on 3 of our bikes over the past few years and they've worked great.

+1 on ADVMonster. Just put a model 30 (spot) and a model 40 (flood) on my R1200GS, running both through the ADVMonster dimmer. Seems to work well - visibility while on low and nice nighttime illumination when on high. I'd still like to have a low and high separate from the bikes low and high.

These lights seem good quality and a great value in comparison to others that are hundreds more. Time will tell - I've only ridden with them for a couple days and a few hundred miles.

Installation of Rigid LED lights on F650GS Dakar or Sertao

I installed the Rigid lights on my Dakar and later moved them along with the Touratech engine guards over to the 2013 Sertao without modifications

For a look at the custom brackets I made as well as complete photos views of the install check out my Smugmug photo gallery

Sirby141220%20%2820%29-M.jpg

I included before and after light pattern photos as well.

Back