• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Brake Light Modulator and\or Additional Brake Lights for "G" 650GS?

2brian

My wife rides a 2012 G650GS with with aluminum cases. She likes having the top case on her bike, so that she can lock up her helmet. The top case conceals that break light a little too much for my liking. I'd like to get more visibility at the rear of the bike. I'm having a heck of a time finding a brake light modulator that works for this "G" model. Ideally what I'd like to do is replace the standard bulb with LED's and have it modulate when she presses the brake. Something extremely bright that flashes 5-10 times quickly and then goes on solid. I had HyperLites on my RT and it was stellar. I don't know that HyperLites are the way to go on this GS, just based on mounting positions and the cases complicate this a bit as well. Any and all constructive input is welcomed - especially product links or any pictures of what you've done to your machine that resolved this issue. Take care & Thanks - B

Similar boat in that I have a pelican case on the tail rack. The brake/running light can get tucked down inside and I was concerned about being seen. I used the Skeene setup and couldn't be happier. I did modify the lights themselves by cutting off the post and attached them with 3m dual-lock. I wired them so that if I have the side cases on I move the lights out to them, but if I decided to go with out cases I can move the lights next to my license plate.

image.jpg. Sorry the photo is upside down :-/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 56
+1 on Skene P3 lights. On their webpage they have instructions for mounting on side cases using quick disconnects. Looks like it would be simple to modify for a top case.

For my sidecar rig I did the same as Kris; cut off the bolt and used 3M adhesive.

Pete

PS: Jerry Skene knows his products inside and out and replies personally to email questions or to walk you through installation difficulties. I get the impression he has the color of every wire on every bike ever made committed to memory. Outstanding customer service!

Last edited:
Back