• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windshield recommendations for F700GS

devo

I recently pulled the trigger on a 2016 F700GS. I'm a windshield guy. Does anyone have a recommendation on who has a good one?
Thanks!

I recently pulled the trigger on a 2016 F700GS. I'm a windshield guy. Does anyone have a recommendation on who has a good one?
Thanks!

Congratulations on the F700GS :)

I "right sized" from and 800 pound Victory Vision 8 Ball to an F700GS in the fall of 2013 and never looked back. LOVE my F700!

May not be for everyone but I had my dealer fit mine with an F800GS Tour Windscreen before I took delivery.

IMG_1971.jpg

I am 6'- 3" and wear a BMW System 6 Helmet (very nice, quiet, very aerodynamic, no buffeting), this combination works well for me, but I am sure it is not for everyone.

Cee Baileys BMW F700 GS 2013-Up Windshield - 12in Sport- Dark Gray Tint-

It works well for me. 5'4", regular seat, regular suspension

IMG_0315.jpgIMG_0314.jpg

+1 on Givi Airflow, run at full height adjustment. Especially if you're thinking of adding hand guards. 5'8", Sargent seat, stock suspension (for now).

Madstad available if you are interested

I traded up from a 2016 F700GS to a new 1200 GS. I changed the stock windshield to a Madstad which worked great. I still have the Madstad windshield and would be happy to sell it as I have no use for it anymore. Contact me by private message if interested.

ZTechnik VStream
MRA variotouring screen
California Science
Aeroflow

Aside from the already listed Givi airflow and madstad
CeeBailey got out of the motorcycle screen business it seems.

Nobody can recommend one for you because we all feel differently about each screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty,

I agree with you on the "correct answer". But pointers to available products or even better, pictures from members which show how a mounted product looks on their bike is very helpful and always much appreciated.

/Guenther

Touratech on Mine

I went with the Touratech Large touring windscreen on my F700GS - clear version. Pretty happy with it and makes a big difference at highway speed. It is about 14-inches tall - stock is 7 inches. It does require the "... the original BMW windscreen adapter part number 77338531603 installed on the bike. - only available through BMW dealers". That was from the Touratech website and is the same adapter the larger BMW factory shield requires - you remove the original plastic shield holder. It does clear the factory hand guards. Adapter part is about $60. Here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2615.jpg
    IMG_2615.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2607.jpg
    IMG_2607.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 119
I’m using a Brittania composites mirage2 Cockpit and Screen (unfortunately not available anymore from the manufacturer) with an MRA x-creen spoiler to take care of the wind buffeting on my 2015 BMW F700gs

The only screen that was quieter than this was a 17” ceebaileys screen plus the spoiler but didn’t look as nice.

For a reference I’m 5,9” with a 29” inseam. I wear a Shoei Neotec helmet.

3b3381b194bd3a47cee98d87d90303a3.jpg

Zee
2015 BMW F700gs
2000 triumph thunderbird sport

I use the stock but tinted screen. I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs. I must be crazy. Just returned from a 5.5k mile trip in eastern europe.

sorry for the confusion

I don't see a "airflow F.S." on the Givi website. Are you referring to an AF5107?

What is/was your experience with your windshield?

/Guenther
Sorry. yes that's the one. it works a treat, and is easily adjustable. I changed to a Z technic, which isn't really much different as it turns out. I'm 5'10" and the thing that really made a difference in protection for me was the addition of a lip at the top. I think the one I bought was a Puig, but there are several brands available.

Back