Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: LED signal lights for 95 R100GSPD

  1. #1

    LED signal lights for 95 R100GSPD

    This may have been covered on the forum already but I didn't see it.

    Has anyone successfully installed led signal lights on their 90's vintage airheads? I contacted CAN-bus the other day to see if theirs would work. The answer was they don't really know but suspect that they will flash way too fast. I'm also interested in doing the tail/brake lights. CAN-bus did mention they will be marketing an LED headlight in the next few months that will work on our bikes.

    Thanks for any info.
    Cheers, Brent

  2. #2
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    20,449
    I looked on Snowbum's site regarding lights/lamps, but didn't see anything regarding the CAN-BUS, though. Might worth a read thru:

    http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/lamps.htm
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I looked on Snowbum's site regarding lights/lamps, but didn't see anything regarding the CAN-BUS, though. Might worth a read thru:

    http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/lamps.htm
    Thanks Kurt, I'll have a look
    Cheers, Brent

    1995 R100GSPD

  4. #4
    '92 R100GS brittrunyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ojo Caliente, New Mexico
    Posts
    434
    I have not researched turn signals for my '92 GS but...........

    I have a H4R3 Led Headlight from ADVMonster that is great.
    I had to modify, cut the hole larger, in the rubber dust/dirt cover but it was plug and play.
    http://stores.advmonster.com/h4-r3-led-headlight/

    H4R3 LED_0040-40 by Britt Runyon Photography, on Flickr

    I have no image but.........

    My LED tail light came from Ted Porter, a stand up guy, here http://www.beemershop.com/Merchant5/...e=LEDR80-100GS , another plug and play.

    BR
    1992 R100 GS

    Big Bend Ride video at http://brittrunyon.com/
    More riding videos @ http://vimeo.com/user2721333/videos

  5. #5
    Sir Darby Darryl Cainey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fenwick, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,645
    I too have changed over the Headlight to a ADV Monster LED Unit and a LED Taillight from Motorad Electrik also found an extra LED light for the rear between the signal lights.

    Still looking for LED Signals as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ambassador Emeritus BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    Niagara Riders
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by brittrunyon View Post
    I have not researched turn signals for my '92 GS but...........

    I have a H4R3 Led Headlight from ADVMonster that is great.
    I had to modify, cut the hole larger, in the rubber dust/dirt cover but it was plug and play.
    http://stores.advmonster.com/h4-r3-led-headlight/

    H4R3 LED_0040-40 by Britt Runyon Photography, on Flickr

    I have no image but.........

    My LED tail light came from Ted Porter, a stand up guy, here http://www.beemershop.com/Merchant5/...e=LEDR80-100GS , another plug and play.

    BR
    Thanks Britt

    The tail light looks great. I've seen the H4 R3 headlight online, good to hear you are happy with it. I think I'll get them both and wait for the technology to work it's way back to the older bikes for signals.

    PS I had a look at your web site. Beautiful images!
    Cheers, Brent

    1995 R100GSPD

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Cainey View Post
    I too have changed over the Headlight to a ADV Monster LED Unit and a LED Taillight from Motorad Electrik also found an extra LED light for the rear between the signal lights.

    Still looking for LED Signals as well!
    Very visible tail lights
    Cheers, Brent

    1995 R100GSPD

  8. #8
    MonoRT MonoRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    183
    I keep waiting for the folks at Runnin Lights or whatever they call themselves to come out with a set of LED running and turn signal lights. Their current product uses 1157 two filament brake lights and you can get LED versions of those "bulbs" but the flasher needs to be different or a "load" needs to be added or they won't flash correctly. And as an RT owner, I wish they'd make a setup that works with the fairing mount front signal lights.

  9. #9
    '92 R100GS brittrunyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ojo Caliente, New Mexico
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by b73 View Post
    Thanks Britt



    PS I had a look at your web site. Beautiful images!
    Glad you enjoyed the images!
    Ride Safe.

    BR
    1992 R100 GS

    Big Bend Ride video at http://brittrunyon.com/
    More riding videos @ http://vimeo.com/user2721333/videos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •