• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dauphin Island, Alabama

shortythorne

shortythorne
Although not a long ride for us, Paul & I usually go twice a year (February & October) and stay a few days to just "do nothing". It takes us about 5 hours, and all country back roads except for a 10 mile section of I-10/I-65. The ride itself is great and the time of year that we go assures there won't be many people. Great fresh seafood, clean white sand, and the folks there are so friendly. It is one of my favorite short rides we take every year. We left home Thursday a.m. at 7:00, stopped for breakfast, and had our toes in the sand by 1:00 p.m. that afternoon! The weather was perfect so I wanted to post a few pictures, but my poor photography skills don't do it justice.
004.jpg042.jpg060.jpg

Ahhh yes!!!!!!! Sun, sand, and ohhhhhh that suthrn warmth, food and healing air of the beach. Fires up the batteries to make it for a few more days till the sun comes shining it's rays and takes this miserable grey away........God bless.....Dennis

Riding and taking photos already! Not yet here near Toronto.

I was riding in early March last year, but leaving after the first week for a couple of weeks on the Big Island. At least I will be able to do some photography.

On return, I hope to be riding.

I think the sunset shot is nice, but looks a bit cool still. If you want to see where the sun rises and sets, check out The Photographer's Ephemeris web site for a free app that gives the time and angle. Moonrise and set too.

Thanks for the reminder of how beautiful the shore is on the island.

I've only been there once but would love to go back.

Hey Gail where are the pictures of y'all in bikini and Speedo? Glad you are having fun. We spent a week in Fort Myers this month and it was good to get away from the gloomy February weather here.

Back