Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What happened to the BMWMOA?

Quite the thread... Having reached an age where my gummint has declared me an official antique citizen, I get how easy it is to think that the best is gone and the future will never be as good as it looked back when I bought that first airhead. But when I get to thinking that way, I take the airhead for a spin and remember how much fun it was, and all the things I wished BMW would change on the next one I bought. Then I go for a ride on my K13GT and think how great it is that the marque has given me a ride that when I was young, would have been a runaway at Daytona or on the podium at an FIM event, all the while providing the creature comforts I wished for on that first airhead. Change happens; if can happen to you or through you, you get to decide...

So with apologies in advance, which artistic/literary work best describes your own view of this thread?

A). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BwawD33xpXc (apologies for poor video sync, best I could find in a hurry)

B). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

C). Even tho I hated having it shoved at me back in the day,
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese%3F

I note that despite their age and lyrics, Bruce and Al are still putting new material out there. So is BMW, so is MOA. IMHO, of course.

Best,

DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST 1984 R80 G/S-PD 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C 2010 K1300GT 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Not sure where to post this but...what happened to Panjo? I finally figured it out and started selling items this past Feb.and yesterday went to get on through moa and it's not there. I looked in flee market and don't see my items there either. This morning I receive an email from panjo stating moa will separate from panjo in two months. So no heads up from the moa? Can someone in the know pm me please.
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!
    02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike ...Totaled 2/23/16
    13 Black R1200RT 90th Annv
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    Not sure where to post this but...what happened to Panjo? I finally figured it out and started selling items this past Feb.and yesterday went to get on through moa and it's not there. I looked in flee market and don't see my items there either. This morning I receive an email from panjo stating moa will separate from panjo in two months. So no heads up from the moa? Can someone in the know pm me please.
    Froggy,

A new Marketplace was launched on Tuesday. Here is the announcement from the MOA homepage, http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/277264/Ne...es-March-1.htm

Your items are still active at Panjo.com and they will remain active. If your Panjo account has you listed as a MOA member, the items should be showing in the forum and they will remain there as well.

We are actively contacting everyone who has an item listed and asking if they would like the item listed in the new Marketplace. If so, we can do that for you.

Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    http://www.panjo.com/p/bmw-motorcycle-owners-of-america

PM with link sent as well.

New marketplace

Not sure why the change, but IMO the "new marketplace" is just not "up to date." The form like boxes for information and awkwardness for picture uploads with no preview seems like a step backward. Again, in my opinion, shouldn't things be moving forward? With today's technology, it is easy to make things fluid, nice, and easy. The new marketplace has a horrible feel and look to it, not to mention the banner ads, I really can't stand that. It seems to me that this is a antiquated way of doing things....just my opinion.
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

Not only that (although I have not started transfering my "for sale" items yet), but they gave us a one day heads up. Really MOA, one day, how about at least a week so we can transfer items to the new account while Panjo is still on MOAs site.
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!
    02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike ...Totaled 2/23/16
    13 Black R1200RT 90th Annv
    Craig

Upload problems

I have tried to upload a bike 3 times now, after filling in the "form" with required information, I carefully write a description, then upload pictures (which I can't see), and then hit submit. That's when the fun starts, it just hangs there for a minute, then nothing. So I refresh my page, all info is lost. After a few expletives, I start again, this time copying my description in anticipation of failure. Once again, when I hit submit, it stalls....Third time, takes a little less time with the paste function, but still, at submission, it fails. I listed bike and gloves on Panjo, took less than a minute, easy. Sold the gloves already and I can see how many views the bike has had....still wondering why the change....oh yeah, have I mentioned how much I really can't stand banner ads? Again...just my opinion 😊
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Ted was caught between a rock and a hard place. We know it is impossible to please everyone all the time. We also know many resist change. So what do you do when the complaints roll in? I guess he felt the noise from the squeaky wheels was too loud to ignore. I too think this is a step backwards at first glance. I hate all ads but I use ad blocking to circumvent that. I will give this time to see how it works over all before deciding the merits of the change. Until then my first suggestion is to change the bmwmoa link to the forum instead of the home page. I believe most traffic probably follows that pattern instead.