Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the BMWMOA?

Cool What happened to the BMWMOA?

The flea market SUCKS, the old one was easier to find what you want. The "flea Market" in the MOA mag. was the first place I went too, now it's gone! WTF! You need to be a computer geek to understand how to navigate the website! I was born in 1947 B.C. (That's Before Computers!) this will be most likely My last year!!!
    Me Fish

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gt4me View Post
    The flea market SUCKS, the old one was easier to find what you want. The "flea Market" in the MOA mag. was the first place I went too, now it's gone! WTF!
    It would see many of the "in print" for sale publications have got by the wayside- for the good or the bad. Sites like Craigslist where someone can post today and perhaps sell tomorrow are the norm- print just can't keep up with that. The only way print would work is if everyone got together and agreed to "wait". I don't think that will happen.
    You need to be a computer geek to understand how to navigate the website! I was born in 1947 B.C. (That's Before Computers!)
    Not really, you just have to wonder what "this button" does, click on it and explore. Many that don't visit the forum have been finding their way through the flea market successfully.
    this will be most likely My last year!!!
    I suppose that is up to you....But think of this, I can see you have been a forum Member since the beginning. Here it is some 13 years later and you are able to post. There have been numerous upgrades, one of the reasons that the old "in forum" flea market had to be retired, and you have made it through it all.
    Your doing better than you give yourself credit for.
    If you need help, just ask.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

As a counterpoint if I may. The in-print flea market required 6 weeks lead time to get into print. It still would. That might be OK if I wanted to sell something but surely won't work if I need a part, accessory, or bike. Yes - the current MOA offering - Panjo - is awkward, non-intuitive, etc. I get that. But it is better than it was. Maybe they will actually fix or replace it some day soon. Hope springs eternal.

In the meantime there is always the IBMWR Want Ads, and for those so inclined eBay, or Craiglist.

As for what else happened to the BMW MOA. The magazine is still there with good content. There are new regional week-end getaway event, the national rally continues to thrive, local clubs continue to hold rallies and other events, etc.

p.s. I was born in 1945 and don't use that as an excuse for my frustration..
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

1946 here. Not a computer NOOB by any stretch of the imagination. Had an Atari 400 for crying out loud!

Panjo is a PIA for me.

Sorry, too many other places to sell, as Paul pointed out.

To add to the list: http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php has a classified as well. I've had a lot of successful transactions there. Good people.

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    I am over 60 but somehow figured out how to buy and sell with Panjo with no problem. Oh wait, I forgot, I am a computer geek. Duh. It's that memory thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    I am over 60 but somehow figured out how to buy and sell with Panjo with no problem. Oh wait, I forgot, I am a computer geek. Duh. It's that memory thing again.
    In a different post, Ted admitted that perhaps Panjo wasn't the best choice.

DOB in 1944 (aka 71YOA now). I'm running a MacBook Pro, and iPhone 6S Plus. I also run a 210--person email list for former employees of my govt employer. Keep after that keyboard. You can't bust it...well, maybe you can bust a Windoze machine...
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    Watching the sunrise outdoors statistically increases your odds of having a good day. And needing a nap after lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by ecaho View Post
    That is hilarious. I think this sums up about 90% of the posts on the forum. I think the tide is turning though. We got angry old guy rants down to 85% now.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

om
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    ...Keep after that keyboard. You can't bust it...well, maybe you can bust a Windoze machine...
    Windows anything tends to commit suicide randomly without any help from users.

OS-X Rules
    Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350, Instructor, Louisiana Dept of Public Safety
    Motorcycle Safety, Awareness & Operator Training Program
    NAUI Instructor #36288, Board Member, Divers Alert Network

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    That is hilarious. I think this sums up about 90% of the posts on the forum. I think the tide is turning though. We got angry old guy rants down to 85% now.
    "Angry old guy rants". The guy was expressing his opinion. Agree or disagree, fair enough, but being so dismissive of a member's opinion is not the way to go about it in my opinion.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Around here I am referred to as : Oldt man sign ze papers
    I don't yell at clouds I yell at the television

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    "Angry old guy rants". The guy was expressing his opinion. Agree or disagree, fair enough, but being so dismissive of a member's opinion is not the way to go about it in my opinion.
    3pn8h5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I was referring to Bart Simpsons dad, and his issues with clouds. Why Bart Simpsons dad spends so much time on the forums under so many different user names... I'll never know.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President