• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What happened to the BMWMOA?

Really?

I would love the forum to be a place of comraderie and support for BMW riders. Like the rallies I've attended over the years. But I can only do what I do.

What I bring tends to be positive and that's what I look for in others. I don't feed trolls. Usually. ;)

And when I read a negative post I consider the source and move on. It doesn't color what I think about being here though to a casual observer or new member I'm afraid this can be an unwelcoming place.

I would love to zap every negative post but our moderators tolerate quite a bit in the interest of keeping this a real PG13 place. What I'd really love to zap are the people who call out others for negativity, but if you look at their posts . . .

Voni

This Member had a problem- help was offered. Whether he wants the help or not is up to him.
As for him being made fun of? I don't think so. It's the situation that Members are having fun with as this is such a common theme that TV shows are using it as humor.
Humor is something the world needs more of.
OM

Voni, I feel it a privledge to celebrate the positive and to engage in the civil. I also feel obligated to stand firm against those who's hubris dictates a need to attack others on the forum. I'm used to having a bulls eye on my chest. I can handle it. I cannot remain silent while a select few drive new members away with their targeted attacks. When you choose to not use tact by using words like SUCKS and WTF in all caps you opened the door to be criticized. There are tactful ways to address issues within the MOA and on the forums as there are in verbal discourse. If you choose to be hateful and uber critical don't be surprised if people like me Call you out on it.

But, that said, I don't need to tell you this as you and Paul have always conducted yourself on the forums as ambassadors, with honor. The two of you have never pulled the seniority card as an excuse to be anything less than honorable. I know I'm ruff around the edges. It's how I was created, how I was formed. The restraint and humility you and Paul bring to the forums and the club serve as an example for me at least, maybe others as well. I know I fail at times in my tact but I'm working on it. I just don't want the club to eat its own. How many new members in the club are lurking in the background, forming their opinion of the club by what is being said, or not said? I have this overwhelming urge to protect the new members like the father of a newborn. It is my nature.

Last edited:
:banghead don't do this, just call the office and someone will be happy to walk you through it. MOA members are some of the best and cover a broad spectrum of ages and attitudes. To me this speaks volumes for the CLUB. It takes caring to try to maintain and meet such various needs. The old saying can't please everyone all the time is true but there is something for everyone with the MOA, it just may not be the flea market.

"Angry old guy rants". The guy was expressing his opinion. Agree or disagree, fair enough, but being so dismissive of a member's opinion is not the way to go about it in my opinion.

I agree , and I'll add [if I'm allowed]

Why is it that a person past a certain age, expressing his / her opinion / speaking out against something that just happens to be modern is somehow equated to stealing babies :scratch

Number {1} ;...if we're lucky we all get older, {2} if we're really lucky we can remember things past, if we do ? why is it such a sin to remember them fondly ?

[IMO] {if we're permitted to have one } I believe it is human nature to embrace modern advances that show an obvious advantage as well as to cling to the past when no real advantage is seen for a particular issue.

There is good / bad , positive / negative in all things . If we have experienced something that was [too us] the "cat's meow" [how's that for age] :) it is only natural to morn it's demise .

Some day you younger guys reading this & shaking your collective heads at my words .......will miss something & opine against it as well................if you're lucky.....jmo

I agree , and I'll add [if I'm allowed]

Why is it that a person past a certain age, expressing his / her opinion / speaking out against something that just happens to be modern is somehow equated to stealing babies :scratch

Number {1} ;...if we're lucky we all get older, {2} if we're really lucky we can remember things past, if we do ? why is it such a sin to remember them fondly ?

[IMO] {if we're permitted to have one } I believe it is human nature to embrace modern advances that show an obvious advantage as well as to cling to the past when no real advantage is seen for a particular issue.

There is good / bad , positive / negative in all things . If we have experienced something that was [too us] the "cat's meow" [how's that for age] :) it is only natural to morn it's demise .

Some day you younger guys reading this & shaking your collective heads at my words .......will miss something & opine against it as well................if you're lucky.....jmo

Now THAT is well said! Thank you Ron. However, you are obviously suffering from dementia :), and I AM KIDDING.:D

I just have a hard time with Bullies........Taught for a long time in the various kinds of "shops". The class would be sitting there and in would walk someone "different", handicapped, mentally challenged, or the like. After they would leave, after doing their business, I would hear some remark that was a veiled "put down". Immediately, I would call the person out, and advise them that I didn't put up with that. "I was only joking" would come out typically. Often, "it didn't hurt them, they didn't hear that". The person would then get a little "talk" advising them that that didn't go on in my classroom or area.......I would see the others in the class thank me with their eyes, and often after class advise me that Billy Bod does that to everyone and they would be so glad.................

So, yes, in life, I pretty much do the same thing.........So, call it as you might. Did the same thing in the military, in public, and just live my life that way. IF YOU FEEL THAT I AM ATTACKING YOU, PUTTING YOU DOWN, ARGUING, or DIMINISHING WHATEVER IT IS YOU HAVE DONE IN YOUR LIFE.......I surely don't mean to hurt your feelings. On here, PM's are for private discussion of hurt feelings. I surely don't try to reply in a manner that is threatening anyone's ego. Sorry it does.........God bless.....Dennis

Quite the thread... Having reached an age where my gummint has declared me an official antique citizen, I get how easy it is to think that the best is gone and the future will never be as good as it looked back when I bought that first airhead. But when I get to thinking that way, I take the airhead for a spin and remember how much fun it was, and all the things I wished BMW would change on the next one I bought. Then I go for a ride on my K13GT and think how great it is that the marque has given me a ride that when I was young, would have been a runaway at Daytona or on the podium at an FIM event, all the while providing the creature comforts I wished for on that first airhead. Change happens; if can happen to you or through you, you get to decide...

So with apologies in advance, which artistic/literary work best describes your own view of this thread?

A). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BwawD33xpXc (apologies for poor video sync, best I could find in a hurry)

B). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

C). Even tho I hated having it shoved at me back in the day,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese?

I note that despite their age and lyrics, Bruce and Al are still putting new material out there. So is BMW, so is MOA. IMHO, of course.

Best,

DG

Not sure where to post this but...what happened to Panjo? I finally figured it out and started selling items this past Feb.and yesterday went to get on through moa and it's not there. I looked in flee market and don't see my items there either. This morning I receive an email from panjo stating moa will separate from panjo in two months. So no heads up from the moa? Can someone in the know pm me please.

Not sure where to post this but...what happened to Panjo? I finally figured it out and started selling items this past Feb.and yesterday went to get on through moa and it's not there. I looked in flee market and don't see my items there either. This morning I receive an email from panjo stating moa will separate from panjo in two months. So no heads up from the moa? Can someone in the know pm me please.

Froggy,

A new Marketplace was launched on Tuesday. Here is the announcement from the MOA homepage, http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/277264/New-Marketplace-Launches-March-1.htm

Your items are still active at Panjo.com and they will remain active. If your Panjo account has you listed as a MOA member, the items should be showing in the forum and they will remain there as well.

We are actively contacting everyone who has an item listed and asking if they would like the item listed in the new Marketplace. If so, we can do that for you.

Ted

http://www.panjo.com/p/bmw-motorcycle-owners-of-america

PM with link sent as well.

New marketplace

Not sure why the change, but IMO the "new marketplace" is just not "up to date." The form like boxes for information and awkwardness for picture uploads with no preview seems like a step backward. Again, in my opinion, shouldn't things be moving forward? With today's technology, it is easy to make things fluid, nice, and easy. The new marketplace has a horrible feel and look to it, not to mention the banner ads, I really can't stand that. It seems to me that this is a antiquated way of doing things....just my opinion.

Not only that (although I have not started transfering my "for sale" items yet), but they gave us a one day heads up. Really MOA, one day, how about at least a week so we can transfer items to the new account while Panjo is still on MOAs site.:scratch

Upload problems

I have tried to upload a bike 3 times now, after filling in the "form" with required information, I carefully write a description, then upload pictures (which I can't see), and then hit submit. That's when the fun starts, it just hangs there for a minute, then nothing. So I refresh my page, all info is lost. After a few expletives, I start again, this time copying my description in anticipation of failure. Once again, when I hit submit, it stalls....Third time, takes a little less time with the paste function, but still, at submission, it fails. I listed bike and gloves on Panjo, took less than a minute, easy. Sold the gloves already and I can see how many views the bike has had....still wondering why the change....oh yeah, have I mentioned how much I really can't stand banner ads? Again...just my opinion šŸ˜Š

Ted was caught between a rock and a hard place. We know it is impossible to please everyone all the time. We also know many resist change. So what do you do when the complaints roll in? I guess he felt the noise from the squeaky wheels was too loud to ignore. I too think this is a step backwards at first glance. I hate all ads but I use ad blocking to circumvent that. I will give this time to see how it works over all before deciding the merits of the change. Until then my first suggestion is to change the bmwmoa link to the forum instead of the home page. I believe most traffic probably follows that pattern instead.

Back