• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What happened to the BMWMOA?

04gt4me

The flea market SUCKS, the old one was easier to find what you want. The "flea Market" in the MOA mag. was the first place I went too, now it's gone! WTF! You need to be a computer geek to understand how to navigate the website! I was born in 1947 B.C. (That's Before Computers!) this will be most likely My last year!!!

The flea market SUCKS, the old one was easier to find what you want. The "flea Market" in the MOA mag. was the first place I went too, now it's gone! WTF!
It would see many of the "in print" for sale publications have got by the wayside- for the good or the bad. Sites like Craigslist where someone can post today and perhaps sell tomorrow are the norm- print just can't keep up with that. The only way print would work is if everyone got together and agreed to "wait". I don't think that will happen.
You need to be a computer geek to understand how to navigate the website! I was born in 1947 B.C. (That's Before Computers!)
Not really, you just have to wonder what "this button" does, click on it and explore. Many that don't visit the forum have been finding their way through the flea market successfully.
this will be most likely My last year!!!
I suppose that is up to you....But think of this, I can see you have been a forum Member since the beginning. Here it is some 13 years later and you are able to post. There have been numerous upgrades, one of the reasons that the old "in forum" flea market had to be retired, and you have made it through it all.
Your doing better than you give yourself credit for.
If you need help, just ask.
Gary

As a counterpoint if I may. The in-print flea market required 6 weeks lead time to get into print. It still would. That might be OK if I wanted to sell something but surely won't work if I need a part, accessory, or bike. Yes - the current MOA offering - Panjo - is awkward, non-intuitive, etc. I get that. But it is better than it was. Maybe they will actually fix or replace it some day soon. Hope springs eternal.

In the meantime there is always the IBMWR Want Ads, and for those so inclined eBay, or Craiglist.

As for what else happened to the BMW MOA. The magazine is still there with good content. There are new regional week-end getaway event, the national rally continues to thrive, local clubs continue to hold rallies and other events, etc.

p.s. I was born in 1945 and don't use that as an excuse for my frustration..

1946 here. Not a computer NOOB by any stretch of the imagination. Had an Atari 400 for crying out loud!

Panjo is a PIA for me.

Sorry, too many other places to sell, as Paul pointed out.

To add to the list: http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php has a classified as well. I've had a lot of successful transactions there. Good people.

I am over 60 but somehow figured out how to buy and sell with Panjo with no problem. Oh wait, I forgot, I am a computer geek. Duh. It's that memory thing again.

I am over 60 but somehow figured out how to buy and sell with Panjo with no problem. Oh wait, I forgot, I am a computer geek. Duh. It's that memory thing again.

In a different post, Ted admitted that perhaps Panjo wasn't the best choice.:dance

DOB in 1944 (aka 71YOA now). I'm running a MacBook Pro, and iPhone 6S Plus. I also run a 210--person email list for former employees of my govt employer. Keep after that keyboard. You can't bust it...well, maybe you can bust a Windoze machine...

That is hilarious. I think this sums up about 90% of the posts on the forum. I think the tide is turning though. We got angry old guy rants down to 85% now.

"Angry old guy rants". The guy was expressing his opinion. Agree or disagree, fair enough, but being so dismissive of a member's opinion is not the way to go about it in my opinion.

Around here I am referred to as : Oldt man sign ze papers
I don't yell at clouds I yell at the television

"Angry old guy rants". The guy was expressing his opinion. Agree or disagree, fair enough, but being so dismissive of a member's opinion is not the way to go about it in my opinion.

I was referring to Bart Simpsons dad, and his issues with clouds. Why Bart Simpsons dad spends so much time on the forums under so many different user names... I'll never know.

Windows anything tends to commit suicide randomly without any help from users.

OS-X Rules :thumb

While that may have been true a decade ago it is not my experience now. In the last few years most of my failures have been of the Apple variety instead. This in an organization that runs 70/30 MS/Apple. Disappointing especially after paying the apple tax but I have the invoices to prove it. Hard drive failure rates in the iMac has been very high and what a pain to work on.

Thanks............After Paul's effort to help out it turned into the typical playground of the "make fun of him" folks........Again....Thanks

Some of these "angry old guys" are the ONES who made the BMW MOA the once great organization that it was. Thank you "angry old guys", I've enjoyed it! :)

So I'm to understand that certain individuals get a free pass to be negative and hateful? So us "youngsters" that have only been in the MOA for 7 years or so have to earn our strips before we have full right and privledges to be critical, negative, and venomous on the forums? I was jumping out of C-141 in combat having people shoot at me in 1989, not riding a motorcycle. Though some may try to shut me down on the forums by calling any reference to my prior military service as "Self Adulation", I ain't going nowhere. And if staring down the barrel of my nation's enemie's weapons didn't intimate me, nothing no one can say on these forums will prevent me from calling a spade a spade. I earned my stripes way before I showed up in the MOA. You want to be an ass on the forums, by all means knock yourself out. But don't expect me to cowtow to ignorance or hatefulness. I and others were trying to add levity to the thread and the typical crowd showed up to shut us down. How's that working out for ya?

Last edited:
Back