• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Insurance Requirement

blast54

Hi I know there are many here involved in planning events.
My local club, OSBMWR, is planning a 200 mile miniature rally. Half day, gather bonus locations and then have a meal with a few prizes. Our BOD is questioning whether we need insurance for this event.
We are advertising it and there is a fee for lunch ( $10). We buy insurance for our annual regional rally through the MOA but that is four days and camping.

Our local rally chair has tried contacting the MOA insurance people but doesn't think they offer one day event insurance.
Do any of you event planners have knowledge as to this type of event?

Thanks
Bill Kenney
Foster,RI

Many, many, many years ago we (now defunct Central Fl Beeline Beemers) used to get rally insurance through the AMA. It also required a couple of folks attending a group seminar. But that was then...... :dunno

You should buy event liability insurance and name all the people who are involved in the arranging of the event as well as any location which may be used as gathering point as insureds. There are many agents that sell this, but it's more on the commercial side your local state farm guy may not know about it. One day coverage is common and easily purchased.

So I'd suggest you contact commercial brokers such as Marsh or Willis they have small lines departments built specifically for these types of needs. There are if course local brokers that can do this as well if you can locate a commercial broker. Note there is a difference between a broker and agent for this coverage you want to work with a broker.

I'd also get waivers signed by all participants and show that to the broker for lower rates.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just Googled "One Day Event Insurance." There are many options, and some companies, Progressive is an example, have an online application and instant quotation.

Back