• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

JFK - 42 years past. . .

nope, haven't forgotten

In fact, just the other night I watched the movie JFK on discovery. Very interesting every time I watch it. I think it is 2029 before the files are opened to the public on the conspiracy over the shooting. Unless those in higher power push it back further.

I hope I'm around to see it.

As a lad of 12 I lost my father on Nov16 then JFK on Nov 22 that year. I was young but both left a bg mark on me.

RTRandy said:
What a different world we would be living in today had he not been assassinated.

I find that hard to believe. I think the direction the world is heading in is completely outside the power of one man. We are all simply along for the ride. I was only 9 months old but believe we could have done without Johnson or Nixon. Unfortunately, I don't think it would have changed much.

MarkF said:
I think the direction the world is heading in is completely outside the power of one man. We are all simply along for the ride.

Good point. I agree we can't change history and we are along for the ride, but one man or even a single event can have an extreme effect on the world. It's one of the reasons we can't eat with knives and forks on an airline anymore and that's assuming food is even served.

I agree it can be a waste of time to think about "what if ", however I was 14 when Kennedy was shot and it was the first time I felt and experienced such a major change in the world because of one man's act.

Guess I have a different take on the Kennedy family and their purchase of the presidency. If reporters were the same in Kennedy's time as they were in Nixon's and since, we may have a different opinion.
Imagine the howls across America if the current president made his brother Attorney General.

I agree...and disagree!

RTRandy said:
Good point. I agree we can't change history and we are along for the ride, but one man or even a single event can have an extreme effect on the world. It's one of the reasons we can't eat with knives and forks on an airline anymore and that's assuming food is even served.

I agree it can be a waste of time to think about "what if ", however I was 14 when Kennedy was shot and it was the first time I felt and experienced such a major change in the world because of one man's act.

We cant change history BUT what about the future? Look at men who have made history...like the man who invented the lite bulb or the H-bomb and we cant forget the one who invented the internet...AlGore. :laugh But if we look at one's death as an impact to the world then Jesus would rank as the most influential. Whether we're religious or not, His name still creates quite a stir 2,000 yrs later. One of my favorite movies, Its a Wonderful Life, gives us a look at how one person does impact lives...maybe not the course of world history, but one man can make a difference in the world of another person and isnt that whats important? ;)

Back