Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Has Anyone Heard Anything About Navigator VI?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanColes View Post
    Also it appears that the 2017 and onward models of the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive and R 1200 RT will now be able to display the "MyMotorcycle" data, which previously was only available while mounted to a GS. Nothing new there for vs the Nav-V, but it is an added feature that these 2017 and newer models will be joining the GS in making that data available to the GPS.
    Also stated:" The MyMotorcycle status page is only available when the unit is not in the vehicle; it displays the information last received by the vehicle in tabular form. It also shows service information, such as range, fuel reserve activated, tyre pressure front/rear, mileage, vehicle ID number, service date, service road stretch, active warning message(s)." (emphasis mine)

The same limitation applies to the "Last Ride" data.

So you have to remove the unit from the mount to see the info? That sounds too stupid to be true. If they were afraid users would be reviewing this data while riding, they could have simply required that the bike not be moving. You'd think a GPS could figure that out...
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by AlanColes View Post
    Also it appears that the 2017 and onward models of the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive and R 1200 RT will now be able to display the "MyMotorcycle" data, which previously was only available while mounted to a GS. .
    This is currently available when using the NAV V on my 2016 R1200RS. It's probably available on the R1200R LC.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    Also stated:" The MyMotorcycle status page is only available when the unit is not in the vehicle; it displays the information last received by the vehicle in tabular form. It also shows service information, such as range, fuel reserve activated, tyre pressure front/rear, mileage, vehicle ID number, service date, service road stretch, active warning message(s)." (emphasis mine)

The same limitation applies to the "Last Ride" data.

So you have to remove the unit from the mount to see the info? That sounds too stupid to be true. If they were afraid users would be reviewing this data while riding, they could have simply required that the bike not be moving. You'd think a GPS could figure that out...
    On my RS "My Motorcycle Information" is available when the unit is in the cradle and I use this screen a lot when I don't need the Navigation screen.
    I can have 16 different values displayed on one screen.

" My Motorcycle Status" and "My Motorcycle Last Ride" is only available when when out of the cradle or maybe when the bike is off. I don't look at this info often and there's no reason to view it while riding.

"Last Ride" has info like number of gear shifts, Avg. throttle position, how many times you used the brakes, ect.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    This is currently available when using the NAV V on my 2016 R1200RS. It's probably available on the R1200R LC.
    Good to know Lee.

It appears to be that the ability to transmit this data is via the LIN Bus system. It is possible that BMW has been expanding their LIN Bus connectivity/usage with each new model they release. Certainly haven't been very good at getting the word out as to what they're doing, but, what's new. ;-)
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - MOA Charter Club #097, BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: '14 R1200RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    On my RS "My Motorcycle Information" is available when the unit is in the cradle and I use this screen a lot when I don't need the Navigation screen.
    I can have 16 different values displayed on one screen.

" My Motorcycle Status" and "My Motorcycle Last Ride" is only available when when out of the cradle or maybe when the bike is off. I don't look at this info often and there's no reason to view it while riding.

"Last Ride" has info like number of gear shifts, Avg. throttle position, how many times you used the brakes, ect.
    "My Motorcycle status" has things like current miles on the bike and when the next service is due.

"My Motorcycle" appears as one of the Apps. When you open you see it's a folder with three apps (discussed above) in it.
    2016 R1200 GSA

Quote Originally Posted by mbrannan View Post
    Bought a new 2015 GS end of last season. Did not get Navigator V at that time. Planning on getting one for this riding season (once snow melts).

Has anyone heard anything about when the next Navigator (6 I assume) will be released? Would like to get the latest and greatest.

Thanks,
    MB

This link has Nav VI info from another forum.
    http://riders.drivemag.com/ww/news/b...led-what-s-new

IBA No. 58411
    Current Bike 2017 BMW R1200RT; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition; Scooter

And It's Backwards Compatible!

Hi,
    It will also fit older bikes, like my 2014 RT.
    Later,
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by gloucesterman View Post
    Hi,
    It will also fit older bikes, like my 2014 RT.
    Later,
    Norm
    It fits the Nav V cradle so it should fit the 2014 RT mount.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Hi,
    If you look at the list it's not a fit for all, "More Coming" comment. Also I would think it's not just a fit for the mount but that it will integrate with the rest of the existing software, plug and play.
    Later,
    Norm

Nav VI Compatability

Quote Originally Posted by gloucesterman View Post
    Hi,
    If you look at the list it's not a fit for all, "More Coming" comment. Also I would think it's not just a fit for the mount but that it will integrate with the rest of the existing software, plug and play.
    Later,
    Norm
    Norm raises a good point: Under the highlights tab, the last bullet states "All holders for the Navigator V can also be used for the Navigator VI without exception". Is it reasonable to assume this means the compatibility extends to system, i.e. wonder-wheel, compatability or is it simply mechanical/electrical?

Howdy,
    If you go the the Highlights tab at the bottom of the tab there's a list of all the models the VI will work on now. Not all models with a V holder are listed. So I'm thinking it's software related, wonder wheel, etc. especially with their comment "more models to follow".
    Later,
    Norm