• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Touring jacket and pant recommendations?

BMW Street Guard Jacket and Pants
Klim Badlands
BMW GS Dry Suit

All good choices, my Street Guard is totally waterproof, never failed, zip in and out warmth liners, easy on, easy off, 8 years old and ride in everything from hot to 38F in pissing rain (live near Vancouver BC).

I have the new streetguard jacket and pants and couldn't agree more. It is the best I have owned in the past 11 years. I had the early touring BMW jacket in 2005 followed by a tour guard jacket followed by the tourance suit followed by the comfort she'll and then the 2013 tour guard suit. In 2015 I bought the streetguard and haven't been happier. You can get these at a couple BMW dealers for close to 20% off, PM me and I give you some contact info.

British Motorcycle Gear (BMG)

While I prefer the OLYMPIA brand, I've owned some BMG garments as well (that vendor shows up at all our rallies - bought a jacket at the West Bend event) - good stuff.

FYI, its BMG that is sub-contracted to manufacture BMW-labeled clothing (but without the mark-up). :deal

While I prefer the OLYMPIA brand, I've owned some BMG garments as well (that vendor shows up at all our rallies - bought a jacket at the West Bend event) - good stuff.

FYI, its BMG that is sub-contracted to manufacture BMW-labeled clothing (but without the mark-up). :deal

Do you know which of the BMW apparel has the BMG DNA? It seems to me that no one has the armor that BMW uses, particularly the new yellow pieces, so the BMG link doesn't seem too universal. IMO.

Do you know which of the BMW apparel has the BMG DNA? It seems to me that no one has the armor that BMW uses, particularly the new yellow pieces, so the BMG link doesn't seem too universal. IMO.

Not sure a different provider of body-armor rules out any of the garment line, but to answer your question specifically - nope. :dunno

Look at the gear from Tourmaster or Cortech. Decent gear that's inexpensive. You'll have money left over for a decent rainsuit.
Several years ago had the unfortunate opportunity to crash test a Cortech jacket and it held up well.

I've been using MOTOPORT jacket and pants for the last three years, several others here on the forum can attest to its crash worthiness, I find it very comfortable in most tempatures without the liner, below 45f liner goes on. As to weather proof, lite rain you stay dry, heavy downpour their waterproof liner works well, though I hate stripping down to put the pant liner on. Wayne the owner will pretty much build you what you want as far as pockets, zippers, sizing, colors etc

Base layers: LD Comfort

I wear the LD Comfort mock turtleneck, shorts for cold thru very warm riding......Smartwool over-the-calf (OTC) socks......pure comfort!!:thumb

I have been wearing a Rallye 2 Pro for about 8 years and a lot of miles and weather conditions. It's a quality bit of kit and has held up well. Previous gear that was waterproof was too hot for me in warm temps. Other than winter I don't even take the liners on trips. I take some long underwear and a Gerbings jacket liner in case of cooler temps. A quickly donned rainsuit takes care of rain. The jacket vents extremely well and the pants vent adequately.

If I were to replace it right now I would be torn between the GS Dry and the new Rallye. I would really like to try a GS Dry to see how it vents and feels in warm temps compared to my Rallye Pro 2. Has anyone owned both and worn them in hot weather?

Look at the gear from Tourmaster or Cortech. Decent gear that's inexpensive. You'll have money left over for a decent rainsuit.
Several years ago had the unfortunate opportunity to crash test a Cortech jacket and it held up well.

+1 on the Tourmaster gear. I've been using a Intake mesh jacket and Venture mesh pants for a number of years now. I've also ridden through some real gullywashers with this gear on and have come away dry as a bone. Reasonably cool behind a tall windscreen on an RT, really nice on a K75s in 100+ temps.

This stuff may not have goretex or lifetime repair or the name factor, but for the money, it's the best I've found.

+1 on the Tourmaster gear. I've been using a Intake mesh jacket and Venture mesh pants for a number of years now. I've also ridden through some real gullywashers with this gear on and have come away dry as a bone. Reasonably cool behind a tall windscreen on an RT, really nice on a K75s in 100+ temps.

This stuff may not have goretex or lifetime repair or the name factor, but for the money, it's the best I've found.

For the price, Tourmaster is a good product. I use the Sonora Air as my summer jacket.

20% Off

I have the new streetguard jacket and pants and couldn't agree more. It is the best I have owned in the past 11 years. I had the early touring BMW jacket in 2005 followed by a tour guard jacket followed by the tourance suit followed by the comfort she'll and then the 2013 tour guard suit. In 2015 I bought the streetguard and haven't been happier. You can get these at a couple BMW dealers for close to 20% off, PM me and I give you some contact info.

As I can't find them let me know who they are.

Thanks Roy

As I can't find them let me know who they are.

Thanks Roy

Welcome to the forum Roy!
It’s an older thread that you have responded to. I received an email the other day from MAX BMW that mentioned a sale. I don’t know if it’s come or gone.
Seems like my in-box is full of “specials” lately.
Good luck.
Gary

Back