• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Are you going to Hamburg ? Where are you coming from ?

Riding from Minneapolis MN. Planning to take the backroads as much as I can, No Interstate Highways, Freeways. Two up on the 05 R1200RT. I plan to ride through Canada and cross back to the U.S. at Niagara Falls. My wife was born and raised in Lockport NY so we know a few things about the area. It should be a great trip/Rally. West Bend was out first and have only missed one National, Bloomburg. Looking forward to eating Beef on Weck and Buffalo Wings.

Steve Handeland
President BMWMOCM

Last edited:
Riding from Minneapolis MN. Planning to take the backroads as much as I can, No Interstate Highways, Freeways. Two up on the 05 R1200RT. I plan to ride through Canada and cross back to the U.S. at Niagara Falls. My wife was born and raised in Lockport NY so we know a few things about the area. It should be a great trip/Rally. West Bend was out first and have only missed on National, Bloomburg. Looking forward to eating Beef on Weck and Buffalo Wings.

Steve Handeland
President BMWMOCM

Beef on Weck! .............
That's what I'm talking about baby!
jason

from Chicago thru the rust!

PA is the rust belt. In fact, we gave America what it has to rust......:brow

Coming from Chicago, near O'Hare, and the 294/90 intersection, and bc I've only driven thru PA in non-moto weather ( see: last week's up-to-the-butt-of-a 9-foot-Indian snowfall in Lancaster) but it looks like some great riding on the way east. I've got some pals in that area and promised a visit on my way.

Gimme a shout if you're coming past from the west or south. :thumb

Most definitely going to Hamburg, a mere 3 hours on the 401/403/QEW from the house, or most likely 4.5 hours back road trip. For me, getting to a rally is usually part of the fun; not so this year. However, when leaving the rally, I'm off to Colorado's Paonia "Top of the Rockies Rally" and then to Winnipeg, Manitoba for a family wedding. The return trip home will be across the top of Lakes Superior/Huron and should arrive home during the 2nd week of August.

If you haven't signed up for a volunteer's job, please look me up at the Volunteer's Table in the MOA building. :wave Your help is needed to make this rally a success. If you are committed to attending and want to sign-up in advance, drop me a line at hamburgvolunteers@gmail.com and I should be able to find you a shift or two with one of the many committees needing help.

Cheers!

Paul

Tobi, Skye, Christine, and I will be coming from Cape Cod. Short trip for us this year. Tobi and I rode to Billings last year (Skye was not born yet); this will be Skye's first MOA Rally.

IMG_0714.jpg

Tobi, Skye, Christine, and I will be coming from Cape Cod. Short trip for us this year. Tobi and I rode to Billings last year (Skye was not born yet); this will be Skye's first MOA Rally.

Hah, so now we have two first time canines! If they meet, Tulliver will want to say hello but he doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. If Skye curls a lip he'll lay down and cover his face with those big paws of his. He's very much a "Can't we all just get along?" sort of dog. :)

Hah, so now we have two first time canines! If they meet, Tulliver will want to say hello but he doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. If Skye curls a lip he'll lay down and cover his face with those big paws of his. He's very much a "Can't we all just get along?" sort of dog. :)

That is exactly who Tobi is as well. Skye, she's a girl.... (She is well socialized with other dogs (80lb labs) at work, and at her Agility classes. I'll bet they get along swimmingly. We never got a chance to really cross paths at billings last year, unfortunately.
It will be great to see Tulliver though.

I forget the roads, but there were some north/south roads running parallel to 219 that were nice riding. We picked them up near Pulaski VA and followed them all the way to NY State. US 219 itself was pretty decent in sections, but taking the hillier routes going in the same direction uncovered some gems!

Pete

PA66, perhaps? Thru the Alleghany Nat'l Forest?

Yeap, coming from northern suburb of Milwaukee, WI. Taking a few extra days to travel via northern shore of Lake Erie, through Canada. Thinking of taking ferry across Lake Michigan to avoid Chicago. :wave

I think KJ is setting up in the RV section this time. Maybe he should park right in front of the beer garden!

Back