• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Are you going to Hamburg ? Where are you coming from ?

Heading up on Wednesday afternoon from the Greater Metropolitan Etters Area (GMEA) of Central PA. Taking Route 15 north then Route 44 from Allenwood to Shinglehouse. Once in NY, it's more or less a beeline to Hamburg.

You'll ride by my house, but I need to be on the road early Wednesday to make a noon arrival at Hamburg.

44 kinda sucks around the Black Forest Inn. PA120 from Lock Haven to Ridgeway (US219) might be better.......

Last edited:
Where in CT? (I grew up near Hartford but live out near the rally site now)
Anyway, if you are looking to do it in one longish day I'd recommend taking Rt 44 out to Rt 8 and run that into MA. At Lee, you can hop on the Mass Pike to make time or catch Rt 20 and take that the whole way across.
Or, stay on I-90 to make as much time as you need and then hop off and catch Rt 20 or one of the other 2 lane roads that run parallel to the Thruway.

If you're looking to split up the trip into 2 days then you could work a visit to the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown into your trip.

Ah, lots of options. If you're closer to NYC then you're looking at the southern route, I was in Stamford for work last year and rode my bike back from there. The parkway is ok, but if you're looking for some alternatives to Rt 17/I-86 let me know.

I"m in South Windsor and my friend is in Manchester...so we're close. Unfortunately, he is leaving early - Tuesday. And me, not until Thursday. We are planning on taking Rt 44 to Rt 8, and then eventually getting on Rt 20, taking that to Hamburg. If we felt like we need to make-up time, I-90 is close.

What we had planned seems very close to what you're recommending, which is peace of mind and reassuring. Thank you very much for reaching out and sharing the info. By the way, are you going to the rally?

I"m in South Windsor and my friend is in Manchester...so we're close. Unfortunately, he is leaving early - Tuesday. And me, not until Thursday. We are planning on taking Rt 44 to Rt 8, and then eventually getting on Rt 20, taking that to Hamburg. If we felt like we need to make-up time, I-90 is close.

What we had planned seems very close to what you're recommending, which is peace of mind and reassuring. Thank you very much for reaching out and sharing the info. By the way, are you going to the rally?

yup, I'll be at the rally and will be working the hospitality table from 3-5 today and Friday. stop on by!

Mary-Sue

Coming from Duanesburg NY, probably about a 300 mile ride...all highway:wave
I'm on F700GS & spouse is on his F650GS. Thumper will be his mascot.

Last edited:
Back