• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Southern Hemisphere Riding Season

72r60/7

February 2016
As I sit here in a very cold and windy location in the Northern Hemisphere, don't think that I'm not lusting about you being in the midst of your riding season.

Locals, Tourist and Adventurers:
Please post what you're riding today (any brand) and where you are riding or headed.

Not necessary, but if you have a camera, post a photograph or 2 (Bike or Scenery) to rub it in.
And post often !

Charlie

Hi,

I'm in Sydney, Australia and as I type this it's blazing sunshine and 30 degrees C (86 F).
We have had a reasonably warm summer so far with possibly higher than average rainfall. This makes for humid and hot days on two wheels, so early starts are key and just keep moving. If we can keep the air flowing through our jackets and stay out of the direct sun it's not too uncomfortable. We follow the ATG ATT approach so summer can be challenging at times.

Having recently crossed over to GS bikes from R type we now spend some of our time in the shadow of tree lined tracks and higher in the hills so the temps are a little lower.

R1200GS - Track.jpg

A little more comfortable are the rides along the waterfront around an area called West Head near Sydney.

R1200GS - Waterfront.jpg

When the conditions are just a little cooler, as they were last weekend, we often take a short run north of Sydney to Brooklyn and in particular to a stretch of road called the Old Pacific Highway. It's bike heaven and although often patrolled heavily by the local police, last weekend was free of law enforcement and motorcycles were out in large numbers.
This is a short video we captured as a test of the new rear facing mount we fitted to one of the bikes. No audio and to be honest possibly a little dull (particularly to those who don't have trouble sleeping) but it does give you an idea of the current weather here. I'm the one on the GS trying desperately to keep up with my wife who is racing away from me with the camera mounted to the tail her bike.

As it begins to cool off here, we will be sending the bikes and then ourselves over to the US to enjoy late Spring and early Summer there, so please enjoy your northern hemisphere winter but please make certain most of the snow is clear by late May. :dance

Attachments

• R1200GS - Track.jpg
    R1200GS - Track.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 43
Rode two and a half hours to my dealership in Pensacola. Didn't take any pictures today but here's one from the dealership.

image.jpg

:scratch:scratch
Didn't I recently read something about someone's ability to multi-task ?

....... "I'm living proof that your statment is wrong. If I can talk on 4 radios simultaneously while flying NVG's at NOE altitudes while people are shooting at me in close proximity to my sister ship, at approximately 90KIAS (that's 103 MPH on your motorcycle) at roof top level dodging wires and antenna, I'm pretty sure I can take a call in my Bluetooth schuberth from the wife on my way home from the airfield"...............
rangerreece

If someone sees him out riding, could you ride up beside him, tap on his helmet to check on him and make sure that he knows which hemisphere he is in.:rofl

Just kidding. I've done a lot worse

Charlie

:scratch:scratch
Didn't I recently read something about someone's ability to multi-task ?

If someone sees him out riding, could you ride up beside him, tap on his helmet to check on him and make sure that he knows which hemisphere he is in.:rofl

Just kidding. I've done a lot worse

Charlie

Your so funny...

Yeah, sometimes I come off the top rope. My passion finds its way on the forums from time to time. I have no helmet or bike mounted cameras so that's one task I don't perform on the bike. Taking my iPhone out of the tank bag, taking my glove off, pointing, focusing, shooting, while riding... That's suicidal. Every man has his limits. That's way beyond my skill level. Never really got motivated to buy a GoPro.

Back