• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Orphan Cases Need Home in Ft. Collins CO

Liaison
Staff member
I help maintain a list of orphan engines and frames on another /2 website. Here's the page:

http://bmwvmca.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=317&Itemid=42

A situation has come up where a widow is trying to deal with some old BMW parts in her house. I was alerted to a couple of bare cases that could be salvaged but it sounds like I need to find someone who can take possession of the cases before they go to a recycler...that way we can figure out how to care for them in a longer term fashion and put the engine numbers on the website. It's a long shot finding a pairing, but over the years, at least 5 engines/frames have been repaired...a bit of a success story.

If anyone has some recommendations of who might be willing to start this process, let me know. I don't know all the particulars, but will find out.

Thanks...

Looks like we've found a couple of opportunities in the Ft. Collins area to hang on to these cases. Just waiting to hear what the current owner wants to do with them...sell them, give them away, etc.

The widow has agreed to give the cases away...so I'm going to contact Vech next week...he says he has a contact in town.

Update...managed to find someone through the MOA Anonymous book who's willing to take possession of the cases...he was my 6th call! I was a little disappointed with my first call...the guy accused me of some nefarious activity, preying off the goodness of people, and suggested that I was rich enough to find a storage space and that the spaces were filling up and pricey. Sheesh...I'm sorry I called. :banghead

Update...managed to find someone through the MOA Anonymous book who's willing to take possession of the cases...he was my 6th call! I was a little disappointed with my first call...the guy accused me of some nefarious activity, preying off the goodness of people, and suggested that I was rich enough to find a storage space and that the spaces were filling up and pricey. Sheesh...I'm sorry I called. :banghead
I hope you asked them if they were on the forum!

:hide
om

Uh, we never got to the chit-chat part...I needed a shower after being dressed down. :scratch

Kurt, Don't let the mean people get you down. The work you do is emblematic of the consummate BMW MOA member, both here on the forums, and apparently the real world as well. Keep up the good work.

Uh, we never got to the chit-chat part...I needed a shower after being dressed down. :scratch
Just being facetious Kurt. Sometimes doing the "right" thing is a lot of work :hungover
Maybe they will stumble onto this thread and realize they missed out. Maybe they will do better next time.
Gary

I would've loved to have adopted them, but I think shipping them all the way over to NJ would've been cost prohibitive. Can't believe you had to get all the way down to #6 in the calling list!

Back