• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

International Female Ride Day...Any VT / New England Female Riders wish to join..

sailingcj

For a ride on International Female Ride Day, Saturday, May 7, 2017 (motoress.com)?

Am a new BMWMOA female member (statistically we are only 5% of the BMWMOA membership). I ride a BMW650GS and live in both Chester, Vermont (GREAT area to ride!) and Costa Rica. The International Female Ride Day I will be doing will take place in New England; ride start /distance to be determined by those who wish to participate.

Hoping this will be the start of some of us female riders getting together on an occasional / regular basis to ride, share stories, and maybe create a female members group?

I would love to participate, alas... Not the right gender. I thing I called you a stud on another thread... Sorry, checked your profile, no gender specific details. I too ride a 650 and a 1200. I sincerely wish you and the ladies much success.

I would love to participate, alas... Not the right gender. I thing I called you a stud on another thread... Sorry, checked your profile, no gender specific details. I too ride a 650 and a 1200. I sincerely wish you and the ladies much success.

No worries! New member and can't edit profile until I receive BMWMOA member number, which I was told could take 6 weeks. Thanks for the wishes for success :)

2017??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I might hope to still be riding then.

Do you have a sooner date?

No worries! New member and can't edit profile until I receive BMWMOA member number, which I was told could take 6 weeks. Thanks for the wishes for success :)

Welcome to the MOA! I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I see an opportunity for customer service! Your member number will only take a couple of weeks. Numbers are assigned every 15 days. Your membership cards may take up to 6 weeks, but you will receive a welcome package long before then.

Also, your member number isn't necessary to update or round out your profile, just your username and password. You are welcome to email me ted@bmwmoa.org, if you have questions and I will be glad to help out. If you can share with me why you would need your member number to update your profile, It sounds like we might need to clarify some finer points with our team.

Thanks for being a member!

Ted Moyer

Sailingcj if you can't tell by now, you got yourself a good club here. Like all our new members, we look forward to your contributions. I just reread Natallie Ellis Barros #199011 initial contribution article on the home page, ride reports, and also her December contribution, "Overland with a Hangover". The women of the MOA are an incredible demographic within the club, and their contributions stand firm in the heralded halls of BMW legacy, Paul's wife Voni is a legend in the community. Even mrsrangerreece gets involved from time to time. You're in good hands here... Again, welcome to the club.

Welcome! Hope you find someone to ride with, but, you know, you can ride by yourself.

I've been doing that for more years than I can count. My favorite female ride day I took our Grandson Noah to school and picked him up in the afternoon. BEST ride! He was so proud of the tshirt they sent me when I shared the picture.

Voni
sMiling

Thanks rangerreece!

Sailingcj if you can't tell by now, you got yourself a good club here. Like all our new members, we look forward to your contributions. I just reread Natallie Ellis Barros #199011 initial contribution article on the home page, ride reports, and also her December contribution, "Overland with a Hangover". The women of the MOA are an incredible demographic within the club, and their contributions stand firm in the heralded halls of BMW legacy, Paul's wife Voni is a legend in the community. Even mrsrangerreece gets involved from time to time. You're in good hands here... Again, welcome to the club.

Looking forward to meeting members in the future (male & female) in the future. My partner, Art Dufresne, are already signed up to attend the National Rally. Looking forward to the ride there..:)

Cheers!
Cj

Thank for the welcome Voni!

Welcome! Hope you find someone to ride with, but, you know, you can ride by yourself.

I've been doing that for more years than I can count. My favorite female ride day I took our Grandson Noah to school and picked him up in the afternoon. BEST ride! He was so proud of the tshirt they sent me when I shared the picture.

Voni
sMiling

Actually, I do ride quite a bit on my own. Have fun doing so. Just saw this as an opportunity to meet other female members in the group!

My time is split between the U.S. and overseas...and have only had a residence in VT for 1.5 years. Am actually a transplant to New England from....San Francisco, CA. lol Just trying to meet others with similar interests...:)

Cheers!
Cj

PM me if you need any suggestions for the northern part of Vermont. There are some incredibly scenic rides up here, many of them off the beaten path. (Up here, beaten path means more than two cars in front of you.)

Pete

VT roads

Gracias Pete!

So far I've been riding Central VT / Southern VT. Chester to Dorsett, Andover, and up 100 to Warren.

Have been steadfastly getting time / miles on the moto to become a proficient rider as I hadn't driven a moto since I had a Honda 30 years ago! Have done quite a bit of dirt / gravel roads as Art and I have been actively looking for a house / property to purchase in VT. Managed to lay the 650 down in 1.5 inches of soft dirt that had been laid down on a steep road. No big deal, but need to become much more proficient in "off-road" skill set. Love this stuff!!!

Cheers!
Cj

Back