• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

14th Annual BMW Riders Campout, Somerset Pa

gsjay

http://www.bmwmoa.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=763495

14th Annual BMW Riders Campout

Somerset, Pa
June 10, 11, 12, 2016

14th Annual Laurel Highlands BMW Riders Campout

We return to Pioneer Park Campground located in south central Pennsylvania. Pioneer Park is a terrific full-service camping resort with excellent showers and facilities,

Admission is just $50.00 for the full weekend ($45 if pre-registered) and includes, two nights camping, three meals, loads of door prizes, self-guided ride info and 14th Annual rally pin for the first 100 pre registrants.

There is great riding in any direction with many self-guided tours available.

Friday evening enjoy Gourmet Dump Stew (bring a can or 2 to add to the pot), hotdogs & snacks till their gone. Morning Coffee & tea.
Saturday Catered dinner, tons of door prizes.
Hearty send-off breakfast Sunday morning!

Pavilion, picnic tables, hot showers, campfires allowed-wood provided! Motels & Restaurants nearby. Sat. night campground band!

Discount for one night, not camping or 16 or younger. No Day Passes.
Downloadable pre registration form:

http://www.thevuelta.com/Campout_reg_form_2016.pdf

Info: Tim & Stacy Papinchak: wcycle@comcast.net
or Jason Kaplitz; gsjay@kaplitz.com (814) 615 9138
Pre-registration appreciated- Send check/name/ contact info to:
LHBMWR C/O 840 Basin Dr. Windber Pa. 15963

Last edited:
Many of our attendee's have visited the Flight 93 National Memorial which is a short ride from the Campout.

I just wanted to let you all know that the Visitors Center has been completed and is open for all to visit.

http://www.nps.gov/flni/planyourvisit/current-progress.htm

If you've been there before, this is a reason to return. Those that haven't been to the memorial should put it on their list.

tks,
Jason

I was at the Flight 93 Memorial this morning on business.............................first time since the Visitors Center opened.

at 9:15 AM it was a Bright, cloud free morning with the Sun shinning brightly on the Memorial.

I was the only civilian on the property at this time.
The experience was very moving..........
Hard to imagine what you would have done if you were a passenger on flight 93!

I have a friend that worked construction on the Visitors Center. He tells me he would go to work early just to watch the Sunrise!

Even if you don't come to our campout, make it a point to visit the Memorial.

jason

rally 2016

Hi, Jason, hope to be coming down this year, didn,t get last year due to knee surgery, so if possible can you help me with an address where I can have a parts parcel sent for my bike, for collection while at the rally hopefully saving me some cash due to canadian postage and duties,which are almost the parts price!!, anyway all being well will be there late friday afternoon,complete some cans for the pot ,yours Jimmy Armour

Hi, Jason, hope to be coming down this year, didn,t get last year due to knee surgery, so if possible can you help me with an address where I can have a parts parcel sent for my bike, for collection while at the rally hopefully saving me some cash due to canadian postage and duties,which are almost the parts price!!, anyway all being well will be there late friday afternoon,complete some cans for the pot ,yours Jimmy Armour

PM Sent...............
See you in June.
Jason

Our Plans for Food at our Rally are complete:

We'll be having Hot Dogs and Dump Stew Friday night. (please bring a can or two)

Our Saturday menu is:

Roast Beef

Hand breaded chicken breast

Baked Ziti

Scalloped Potatoes

Baked French green beans

Tossed salad

Rolls

Cookies

Sunday morning we'll have Pancakes, Sausage, Hash Browns, Coffee etc.

We don't want anyone riding around Hungry.

See you soon,

Jason

Campout Tee Shirt Pre Order

Folks we are selling tee shirts for this years Campout online before the event!

This online store is done through my work and we use the system for many clients. It works very well and is secure.

Please log in and make you selections. You can choose between several Colors and Short or Long Sleeve. You will be asked to pay for the items when you check out.

https://www.agpestores.com/daminpri...s.php?prodgroup_id=11358&prodgroupbypass=true

Please share this with anyone you know that might want a shirt.

tks,

jason

Campout time is almost here..........

We're getting excited for this years campout! We have preregistrations and door prizes coming in daily and the extended forecast is looking great for next weekend. Come on out and join us for great riding, great scenery, awesome food a nice campground and just an all around fun time. Can't wait to see everyone!!!:dance

Folks we are selling tee shirts for this years Campout online before the event!

This online store is done through my work and we use the system for many clients. It works very well and is secure.

Please log in and make you selections. You can choose between several Colors and Short or Long Sleeve. You will be asked to pay for the items when you check out.

https://www.agpestores.com/daminpri...s.php?prodgroup_id=11358&prodgroupbypass=true

Please share this with anyone you know that might want a shirt.

tks,

jason

If you order online before Monday 8:00 AM you can pick your shirt color.
At the rally there will only be one color available.
tks,
Jason

DSCN0149-S.jpg
DSCN0148-S.jpg
DSCN0156-S.jpg

Some pictures from our Campout. Great weekend, great food and nice to see old and new friends.
jason

Back