• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding pants

durgandretti

Hey Ladies,
I'm going on a ride across the states with the Sisters Centennial Ride and wondered which over pants you like the best. The ride is in July so it will be hot!

Thanks

Hey Ladies,
I'm going on a ride across the states with the Sisters Centennial Ride and wondered which over pants you like the best. The ride is in July so it will be hot!

Thanks

Hope it'd okay for a guy to post hear. At least I can bump your thread :)
The only time I wear overpants is in cold weather when I want more warmth from the extra layer.
The rest of the year I find it cooler to wear regular riding pants over silks or some type of moisture wicking tights like Under Amour.

My pants

During most of the year I wear Olympia pants that have some mesh. When its very hot I wear the pants with just a pair of LD Comfort shorts. When it gets cooler I can wear either a pair of shorts or jeans under the pants. Works well for me.

During most of the year I wear Olympia pants that have some mesh. When its very hot I wear the pants with just a pair of LD Comfort shorts. When it gets cooler I can wear either a pair of shorts or jeans under the pants. Works well for me.

+1 for my wife when she rides with me. She likes her Olympia Airglide pants.

+1 to mesh "overpants" with something lightweight and moisture wicking underneath. I find that something that covers my knees (such as capri length running tights) helps keep the armor from sticking to my kneecaps when I'm riding.

P

Don't forget, you'll be on mountain passes and in the rain for parts of this.
Temperatures can drop dramatically at altitude and also in the rain. You may see snow, ice, and hail on the pavement in the mountain passes in July.
I wear silk or capilene baselayer under either an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece, or a Darien jacket/pants combo.
They have enough ventilation and the versatility to handle the full range you'll encounter.

Back