• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Harley-Davidson Sees Profit Decline; Dealers offering discounts

I always liked the stylin' of the Fat Boy-

16-hd-fat-boy-1-large@x2.jpg

OM

Styling is right Gary. Pretty to look at, awful to clean, but it has a quintessentially American voice which says: "tighten the dew-rag, grab your Mama and let's go!"

You are kidding.....right??:D
Nope. I don't get all hung up on disliking a brand and believe they are all good when they run. I have long lost track of the vehicles, both 2 and 4 wheel that I have owned but have stuck by "they are all good when they run".
OM

HD is getting some real competition from Indian and Victory for "life style" riders. I cannot participate in Harley bashing anymore since I bought a Ural, which make HD's look modern, fast and reliable :scratch

I have brought five lost souls out of HD darkness into the light in the past two years. I am doing my part for their bottom line. :thumb

Seems that Harley has some sluggish sales and dealers are actually offering discounts on new bikes. Wall Street Journal article here: http://on.wsj.com/1KeIbrk

hum.... must be production is exceeding the demand, unlike a few years ago.
Wonder if demand has reduced, or if production has increased.

I would not spend the money for such a thing.
But was fun for a day. (rental. Pigeon Forge TN)

IMG_5162_zpsc766b49e.jpg

Last edited:
Ponderment

Why don't HD riders sit on their bikes, when it's parked on the side stand?

- they get scared leaning over that far.

I doubt any HD sales managers are very worried about BMW sales hurting their business. More likely their sphincters tighten when they think about the glut of low mileage used HDs on the market, as well as Victory and Indian motorcycles.

I doubt any HD sales managers are very worried about BMW sales hurting their business. More likely their sphincters tighten when they think about the glut of low mileage used HDs on the market, as well as Victory and Indian motorcycles.

Yep, your probably right. Both Indians and victories are nice bikes.

Have friend who owns a used Harley business. He really moves units. I asked him several months ago how he was able to deliver so many 6 to 10 year old Harley's (with 30,000 to 60,000 miles) a week, given current marketplace and financial climate? His answer surprised me, just about every unit is LEASED! He has a financial outlet underwriting loans as "leases" or 24 months with option to purchase...miss a payment and bike possession is in jeopardy. One can imagine credit worthiness of customers.

Last edited:
I went to a local bike show today. HD dealership that had a display there was offering a leftover 2015 Switchback for about $2500 under MSRP. I sat on it and a sales guy was there immediately talking up what a great deal they were offering. I thought that was odd because I thought HD's were always marked above MSRP, and NEVER marked down.

Back