• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Western Ride 2010

Nice report, and very fine photos. Early on you complained about your camera setup. That's something I work on a lot on trips. I use a Canon Point & Shoot for quick photos (inside Darien pocket), but have a Nikon D7200 (18-200zoom) in my tank bag. Any tips about photo techniques would be great.

Just Can't Stop

Any tips about photo techniques would be great.

Many of my trips are with multiple riders. I usually plan and lead. Stopping for pictures is just too time consuming. So I usually snap from the bike while riding [see attached photo]. I use a tether and dropped the camera twice. Once the tether was too long. Oi.

My friends and I are interested in the roads, not so much the scenery, and we try to incorporate the roads in most pictures. These 3 week trips are not typical travelogs. Museums and forts are for another outing.

Since we don't stop much, my Nikon D90 stays at home and I snap with an old Canon point and shoot. It's fine for posting pics to a blog.

IMG_2361.jpg

Great trip report. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together with a continuous storyline, pictures and humour. Nice job!

Epic ride. Thanks for posting.

I hope to do one this summer.

I'm fine-tuning my gear and farkles, and will need to get in better shape.

Harry

Back