Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Booster Plug

Hi Ian, I liked the performance on the 1150 with the Innovate Motor Sports LC-1 so much I installed the new LC-2 on my '93 R1100RSL even though it had no surge issues after disconnecting the narrow band O2 sensor. I did it because of the effect a richer mixture has on performance especially in torque at low RPM improvement which is just phenomenal. Totally transforms the motorcycle. I am running at an air fuel ratio of 12.9:1 which is considered by some hot rod tuners to be the AFR which is good for lean best power output. I concur!
    Jammess

'93 R1100RSL, '10 FJR1300A
    MOA # 50714

Jim. How do your plugs look after a year at 12.9?

Recently replaced plugs as part of general maintenance. Primaries looked clean with a very slight tan color. Secondaries looked fairly dark but dry. I am using a higher heat range on secondaries. On my last long fall (late summer) ride using regular ethanol most of the time I actually averaged 51 mpg and had no discernible pinging or other issues. Most of that ride was in WA State so very hard to find non-ethanol. On a ride like that I often use regular grade because I think it might be fresher than premium grade ethanol.
    Jammess

'93 R1100RSL, '10 FJR1300A
    MOA # 50714