Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Hydration System

  1. #16
    You need a container. You need a place to mount it. You either suck or pump.

    It isn't rocket science,

    I have built 4 systems with windshield washer pumps. But sucking works too

    Just hydrate!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  2. #17
    Registered User jek_ict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by brisco View Post
    Pitched my Camelback a few years ago. There are much better solutions.
    I've ridden with the Camelback and, aside from it being hot on my back, my shoulders became very fatigued. For my next trip I'm going to try putting the Camelback bladder in a tank bag. I may also try putting the bladder in its bag, then strapping it on top of the other stuff on the pillion.
    ~Jason

  3. #18

    Hydration System

    Glad those of you that have tried the MotoJug system are happy with it. I need to do some work on the website as I've had quite a few customers mention it's not very obvious how to order. I'll work on it and see what I can do. In the meantime here are a few pics of the system on different bikes.












  4. #19

    How to use a hydration system tube/mouthpiece will full-face helmet?

    My Schuberth C4 helmet doesn't leave enough room for the tube/mouthpiece to be in there comfortably. What am I getting wrong?

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by jek_ict View Post
    I've ridden with the Camelback and, aside from it being hot on my back, my shoulders became very fatigued. For my next trip I'm going to try putting the Camelback bladder in a tank bag. I may also try putting the bladder in its bag, then strapping it on top of the other stuff on the pillion.
    Hot on your back? Wadda putting in in it, coffee? I run a Camelback and I don't like it because I fill it with ice, then top it off with water and the middle of my back gets too cold. I I suppose I could try less ice. I didn't care for the straps on my shoulders over a long day either.

    These guys spending $75-$100 for a bracket to mount a cooler and a bit of hardware, why not build your own and just strap on the cooler somewhere. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to whip up something.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

  6. #21
    skibum69 skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne, NL
    Posts
    1,881
    On my R65 LS and my R1100 S I run my Mosko Moto tank bag with built in hydration pack that works very well for me.
    Name:  IMG_1394-L.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  80.5 KB

    On my KTM's I wear a Klim Adventure suit that has a 3l pocket on the back for hydration
    Name:  i-brWvxLf-L.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  131.0 KB

    Trail riding close to home I will sometimes wear a camel back. I had any type of backpack setup for long distance riding.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  7. #22
    Registered User AKsuited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Tier of New York
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    These guys spending $75-$100 for a bracket to mount a cooler and a bit of hardware, why not build your own and just strap on the cooler somewhere. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to whip up something.
    Not a big deal if you have a machine shop and powder-coating gear. I don't have any of that.
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    Not a big deal if you have a machine shop and powder-coating gear. I don't have any of that.
    You are correct. You can DIY yourself one if these setups like the MotoJug Hydration System that we make. We can sell you all the parts that you need also. We are a one stop shop for all of that. We unfortunately donít list all the parts on our website because there are a lot of them involved. I can tell you however youíll be hard pressed to build the quality of a bag that my wife makes. She is a great seamstress and takes a ton of pride in all of these bags that she makes. Weíve been at it for just over 4 years and she has made well over 1000 of these bags and still to this day from start to finish if she is cutting out the material etc and sewing it all and doing all the other assembly required itís over 2 hours of time per bag and we have this down to a science. Itís not as easy as you think. Unless youíre not a perfectionist. 😂. Either way I promise you once you try this youíll never go back to a camelback. We offer a 30 day full Refund. Try it and if you donít like it return it and Iíll give you back your $75. You pay return shipping. Over 1k sold and still to this day have never had one come back. Give it a try. Youíll love it.

    Also weíve improved our product over the years a ton. Almost everything is different from the first ones we shipped from the fabric we use to ever single other piece. Check out Motojug in the vendors area or search us on the web. Enjoy and stay hydrated. Itís gonna be a long hot summer.

  9. #24
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    15,111
    Please remember that if you are going to get back into ďsalesĒ here on the forum, the vendor area is the place to do it.
    This thread is 6+ months old.
    TIA
    The Mod Team.
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Please remember that if you are going to get back into ďsalesĒ here on the forum, the vendor area is the place to do it.
    This thread is 6+ months old.
    TIA
    The Mod Team.

    Yes thank you. I did mention that itís available in the Vendors area. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Please remember that if you are going to get back into ďsalesĒ here on the forum, the vendor area is the place to do it.
    This thread is 6+ months old.
    TIA
    The Mod Team.
    I apologize if I was over the line and you can remove my remarks. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

  12. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by lacofdfireman View Post
    You are correct. You can DIY yourself one if these setups like the MotoJug Hydration System that we make. We can sell you all the parts that you need also. We are a one stop shop for all of that. We unfortunately donít list all the parts on our website because there are a lot of them involved. I can tell you however youíll be hard pressed to build the quality of a bag that my wife makes. She is a great seamstress and takes a ton of pride in all of these bags that she makes. Weíve been at it for just over 4 years and she has made well over 1000 of these bags and still to this day from start to finish if she is cutting out the material etc and sewing it all and doing all the other assembly required itís over 2 hours of time per bag and we have this down to a science. Itís not as easy as you think. Unless youíre not a perfectionist. 😂. Either way I promise you once you try this youíll never go back to a camelback. We offer a 30 day full Refund. Try it and if you donít like it return it and Iíll give you back your $75. You pay return shipping. Over 1k sold and still to this day have never had one come back. Give it a try. Youíll love it.

    Also weíve improved our product over the years a ton. Almost everything is different from the first ones we shipped from the fabric we use to ever single other piece. Check out Motojug in the vendors area or search us on the web. Enjoy and stay hydrated. Itís gonna be a long hot summer.
    You have two hours of time in just the bag, plus all the other materials and you sell them for $75??

    Have you ever figured you cost of materials and added in your time to get your cost to manufacture?
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

  13. #28

    Hydration System

    Iíll PM you. If you wanna ask a question directly better to do it in the Vendors forum. I donít want to sound like Iím pushing a product in the regular forum. Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •