Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hydration System

You need a container. You need a place to mount it. You either suck or pump.

It isn't rocket science,

I have built 4 systems with windshield washer pumps. But sucking works too

Just hydrate!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by brisco View Post
    Pitched my Camelback a few years ago. There are much better solutions.
    I've ridden with the Camelback and, aside from it being hot on my back, my shoulders became very fatigued. For my next trip I'm going to try putting the Camelback bladder in a tank bag. I may also try putting the bladder in its bag, then strapping it on top of the other stuff on the pillion.
    ~Jason

Hydration System

Glad those of you that have tried the MotoJug system are happy with it. I need to do some work on the website as I've had quite a few customers mention it's not very obvious how to order. I'll work on it and see what I can do. In the meantime here are a few pics of the system on different bikes.

How to use a hydration system tube/mouthpiece will full-face helmet?

My Schuberth C4 helmet doesn't leave enough room for the tube/mouthpiece to be in there comfortably. What am I getting wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jek_ict View Post
    I've ridden with the Camelback and, aside from it being hot on my back, my shoulders became very fatigued. For my next trip I'm going to try putting the Camelback bladder in a tank bag. I may also try putting the bladder in its bag, then strapping it on top of the other stuff on the pillion.
    Hot on your back? Wadda putting in in it, coffee? I run a Camelback and I don't like it because I fill it with ice, then top it off with water and the middle of my back gets too cold. I I suppose I could try less ice. I didn't care for the straps on my shoulders over a long day either.

These guys spending $75-$100 for a bracket to mount a cooler and a bit of hardware, why not build your own and just strap on the cooler somewhere. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to whip up something.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

On my R65 LS and my R1100 S I run my Mosko Moto tank bag with built in hydration pack that works very well for me.
    Name:  IMG_1394-L.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  80.5 KB

On my KTM's I wear a Klim Adventure suit that has a 3l pocket on the back for hydration
    Name:  i-brWvxLf-L.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  131.0 KB

Trail riding close to home I will sometimes wear a camel back. I had any type of backpack setup for long distance riding.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    These guys spending $75-$100 for a bracket to mount a cooler and a bit of hardware, why not build your own and just strap on the cooler somewhere. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to whip up something.
    Not a big deal if you have a machine shop and powder-coating gear. I don't have any of that.
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)