• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hydration System

AKsuited

I received a hydration system today for my 2015 R1200GS.

It was fabricated by:

Garauld Techworks LLC
61 John Smith Road
Binghamton, NY 13901

(607) 648-3978

Photo's courtesy of Gary Crowley, Proprietor:

P1020186.jpg

This shows the system in place.

P1020190.jpg

The OEM footpeg is easily removed by pulling out a circlip at the bottom of the pin that the footpeg rotates on, then replacing it with the nicely machined part provided. The actual mount bolts to that part, and includes a clamp to hold the Coleman half gallon cooler, also provided.

P1020236.jpg

The system comes with these supplied parts.

I ordered mine in flat black, to match the blacked out parts of my R1200GS, which matches the photographs.

I learned about these hydration systems by following the reporting of the last Iron Butt Rally, which showed many riders with some kind of hydration system.

Harry

Remove circlip for right side passenger footpeg and remove footpeg:

IMG_0274.jpg

Then replace footpeg with the machined part, which is the main part of the mounting system:

IMG_0275.jpg

Harry

Hey these photos look familiar! I just reached out to Gary myself after picking up my 1st BMW, a 1200GSA last week. I asked if he'd make me a system like he built for my FJR. He sent me these photos and said he just built one for a friend of his! I've got one in the works!

Gary is well known on the fjrforum and I've got a few things he's made on my FJR. They are all quality pieces. Good chance that if you saw something like this in the IBR reports on an FJR it was made by gary... mine was one of them. I know Josh Mountains were also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey these photos look familiar! I just reached out to Gary myself after picking up my 1st BMW, a 1200GSA last week. I asked if he'd make me a system like he built for my FJR. He sent me these photos and said he just built one for a friend of his! I've got one in the works!

Gary is well known on the fjrforum and I've got a few things he's made on my FJR. They are all quality pieces. Good chance that if you saw something like this in the IBR reports on an FJR it was made by gary... mine was one of them. I know Josh Mountains were also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And this is exactly why the forums are a huge benifit and resource for being an MOA member. Welcome to the club da juice.

Hydration system

Hello,
Seems like you are taking a lot of effort and money to solve a problem that has been solved many years ago. That is to buy a camelback which you can purchase for less than $100.00. I like this solution as I can use the camelback on other rides.

Just my $.02

Hello,
Seems like you are taking a lot of effort and money to solve a problem that has been solved many years ago. That is to buy a camelback which you can purchase for less than $100.00. I like this solution as I can use the camelback on other rides.

Just my $.02

I have a Camelbak and switched to this system because it's a better system.

Harry

Hello,

Just my $.02

I used the built in hydro pack in my badlands jacket to keep my back cool. The motojug stayed colder longer.

+1 I ordered the MotoJug. The order area and price is well hidden as explained.

I got a 20% off offer as a member of the ADVrider forum. Perhaps he offers a similar discount for the BMWMOA. In any event my Motojug was shipped one day after ordering through PayPal. It should get here this Saturday.

Excellent service and the owner returns e-mail inquiries very quickly in my experience.

+1 I ordered the MotoJug. The order area and price is well hidden as explained.

I got a 20% off offer as a member of the ADVrider forum. Perhaps he offers a similar discount for the BMWMOA. In any event my Motojug was shipped one day after ordering through PayPal. It should get here this Saturday.

Excellent service and the owner returns e-mail inquiries very quickly in my experience.

+1 on the customer service. The retraction device broke and he sent me a few for spares.

Hello,

Just my $.02
Pitched my Camelback a few years ago. There are much better solutions.

I have a Garauld Hydration system (made by Gary Crowley). Very high quality manufacturing. Garauld makes several items in addition to the hydration system and is well known and respected in the FJR community. I have a couple of his products on my FJR and they are all first rate.

You need a container. You need a place to mount it. You either suck or pump.

It isn't rocket science,

I have built 4 systems with windshield washer pumps. But sucking works too

Just hydrate!

Pitched my Camelback a few years ago. There are much better solutions.
I've ridden with the Camelback and, aside from it being hot on my back, my shoulders became very fatigued. For my next trip I'm going to try putting the Camelback bladder in a tank bag. I may also try putting the bladder in its bag, then strapping it on top of the other stuff on the pillion.

Glad those of you that have tried the MotoJug system are happy with it. I need to do some work on the website as I've had quite a few customers mention it's not very obvious how to order. I'll work on it and see what I can do. In the meantime here are a few pics of the system on different bikes.

a754ca2458276e27feb7c95574ad6833.png

e5ed538b5c664694606c023cdda353b7.jpg

7574e6d561c692d786245f5a54badd5a.jpg

1992672b72e1af76082c2a27ab595076.jpg

e596750ec486892045989419463dea4b.jpg

d4e797e5648ca862d67a28e80f6d1a4f.png

How to use a hydration system tube/mouthpiece will full-face helmet?

My Schuberth C4 helmet doesn't leave enough room for the tube/mouthpiece to be in there comfortably. What am I getting wrong?

I've ridden with the Camelback and, aside from it being hot on my back, my shoulders became very fatigued. For my next trip I'm going to try putting the Camelback bladder in a tank bag. I may also try putting the bladder in its bag, then strapping it on top of the other stuff on the pillion.

Hot on your back? Wadda putting in in it, coffee? I run a Camelback and I don't like it because I fill it with ice, then top it off with water and the middle of my back gets too cold. I I suppose I could try less ice. I didn't care for the straps on my shoulders over a long day either.

These guys spending $75-$100 for a bracket to mount a cooler and a bit of hardware, why not build your own and just strap on the cooler somewhere. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to whip up something.

Back