• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Newbie from Hamilton Ontario Canada

To me up here in Southern Ontario "Riding Season" is when the Rain washes off the salt on the roads in the Spring .... till they start salting the roads after it snows. Last year I rode up to December 24th.

I believe that Ken meant chains for his tires, up here in the northern parts, chains are allowed on tires for winter driving in the ice and snow.

Am sure you are right, Terry! Although it is for cars, not motorcycles, chains are used on tires and that is what Ken meant.
Now, in order to guess that, first one should know what "riding season" is!!:nod

What's a riding season? :scratch

It's the time of year when the roads don't have corrosive and slippery salt on them. Don't you have some short periods like that?

Still, there are some things to do - like clean the saddlebags and install the reflective material I got for Christmas, install a replacement audio helmet unit, ...

Enjoy your longer season, as I'm sure you do!

They're making chains for my RT now?

No tire chains for the RT but you can go this route :)

https://www.facebook.com/MAXBMWMotorcycles/videos/10153202029201968/

IMG_3649%20-%20Version%202.jpg

Tire chains? What the heck are you guys talking about? :scratch

I'm kidding of course. I grew up in central Illinois in the late 70's. The record books still go back and stop at the blizzards of 77.

And that's why I live in lower Alabama. Year round riding. Oh yeah! It's awesome!

That's used for ice racing. Yes that really is a sport up here.

I have seen ice racing, but never had a close look at the tires. Thought the spikes where rather
shorter and sharper. Either way, ice racing is fascinating. Not a good idea to be run over by one
of them bikes...:eek

Back