• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for Dirt Roads in Western Virginia and West Virginia border area

gmsturges

adkf800gs
I am looking for dirt road routes in Western Virginia and the West Virginia borders area near Burnsville VA and Harrisonburg VA. We hope to ride for a week in late April of 2016, and are looking for suggested dirt road routes in a 300 mile radius of these areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here's a good one.... this is a mix of paved and dirt. Let me dig around a little, I probably have more.

<iframe src="//ridewithgps.com/routes/1349114/embed" height="800px" width="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I am looking for dirt road routes in Western Virginia and the West Virginia borders area near Burnsville VA and Harrisonburg VA. We hope to ride for a week in late April of 2016, and are looking for suggested dirt road routes in a 300 mile radius of these areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum Mark, where you been :)
From what I hear, the riding in that area is great.
Enjoy the trip.
Gary

Here's another one that's near the area. Note that there are a bazillion other dirt roads around there. There are some even roads there that have county designations but are a tad challenging on heavier bikes.

<iframe src="//ridewithgps.com/routes/11783641/embed" height="800px" width="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

My experience with the dirt roads in these areas are that a lot of them end up in some ones front yard. :bolt

I've ridden some of those roads you're looking for and there's some good'uns out there that range from really easy, groomed forest roads to some really gnarly, rocky, muddy challenges and everything in between. Take a look around the George Washington National Forest and specifically the Peters Mill and Taskers Gap trails for some of the more challenging. There's also a guy named Kevin that put up some free public domain type GPS tracks that go from NY to Tennessee. I rode his tracks from Northern Virginia to NC last year and it was an excellent ride. Just google gpsKevin TAT and you'll find the GPS files. If that doesn't get you going, then check out the Hatfield/McCoy trail system in West Virginia.

Back