• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW's Reputation

To Crib from the InstaPundit: "Heh!"

Hey ...... slightly off topic, and admittedly late to the party, but I just discovered there is such a thing as an Ignore List. Seriously?

Seriously?! Apparently, some on this club have not evolved socially any further than the "I'm taking my ball and going home" playground mentality of grade school.

Seriously? Wow.

Learn something new everyday. :scratch

Well spoken, Bruce! (my nod of the hat to Monty Python) I will NEVER discuss my numerous firearms here. Nope, never...as I pack up to head to the firing range....
As for BMW's marketing...good for them. Great job of marketing to position BMW as "affordable carriage trade". Still. They are just motorcycles and cars. No matter how thin you slice it... Heck, you know the rest.

I am not going to talk about my firearms either...:dance As far as BMW's reputation being #1 now, good for them. I figure if the Rt breaks down. I will invite my friends over and share the good news about BMW's #1 reputation...:rofl Then I will use the RT as yard art..:rolleyes
Don't get me wrong, I love my RT. Just saying. :scratch

"BMW beats Google and Walt Disney to become world's most reputable brand."

I'd be more impressed if the "reputable" were "reliable", even though I have done quite well as an owner with just two starter failures. Mind you, each failure was totally inexcusable. Add to that a warped front brake disc and a speedometer.

Well I am going for a ride........... on my BMW 1200GSA this afternoon. Y'all are welcome to join me. KSU in Dublin, TX at 12:00 at DQ. It should be good for BMW's reputation.

:):)

~TJ

You do know BMW makes stuff other than motorcycles, right? If EVERY BMW motorcycle owner put them at the bottom end of the "reputable" scale, it would barely move the needle compared to the number of people that believe them to be a high-quality auto manufacturer, which includes a whole lot of people who don't, and never will, own their cars (and may not know they even make motorcycles). And compared to the recent mega-scandals perpetrated by VW, Toyota, and GM, who all had very good reputations at one time, BMW looks downright saintly. All this incredulity about BMW's brand reputation is like saying you can't believe United Airlines has a good customer service rating because you had a bad meal on a flight one time.

...is like saying you can't believe United Airlines has a good customer service rating because you had a bad meal on a flight one time.

I can't believe United has good customer service for a lot more reasons than that, speaking as a decade-long Gold Card holder. Haven't bought a UA ticket in ten years but still have enough miles they're my usual go-to airline. I almost can't wait to run out of miles so I can pay for better service!

Oh, wait, this is a BMW thread. I love my bike. (But would never buy a BMW car since iDrive came out.)

I can't believe United has good customer service for a lot more reasons than that, speaking as a decade-long Gold Card holder. Haven't bought a UA ticket in ten years but still have enough miles they're my usual go-to airline. I almost can't wait to run out of miles so I can pay for better service!

Oh, wait, this is a BMW thread. I love my bike. (But would never buy a BMW car since iDrive came out.)

Remember those 7-series that required a 30-minute tutorial on how to operate the magic puck before you drove the car???

The new "Wonder Wheel" reminds me of that...

Back